Change C4 to match SGM playstyle

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Xproplayer, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

First off, set the max timer to something like 3-5 mins, 10 mins makes no sense on these fast paced servers. Then when you do that you can change how the wires work, currently a 45sec c4 has 1 wire that will trigger, and a 10 min has 5. It can be changed to any number we want, off the top of my head I'm thinking something like max 3 min timer and 3 min timer is a 50/50 chance of defuse.

Thoughts / suggestions?

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

3. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

50/50? I dont like those odds

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The point of this thread is to gather input, suggest your own odds and your own max timer so the leads can get a community consensus

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

You hardly ever see 10 minute C4s, and even then, what's the point? The time limit changes and defusal chances you recommended sounded good to me.

+1 :)

6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Nah, people can't resist defusing a 10 minute C4, chuck and set one in a crowd and deck it before it goes boom, that is a more realistic depiction of the sgm playstyle I see from playing on the servers

• Disagree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. Pokeben10

Honestly, how often does the situation you've described actually happen? I'll see this once in a while; however, you say it like this happens more often than it actually does. I'd say most of our players know that if they attempt to disarm a 10 minute C4 and have it blow up in a crowd that they're fucked and are most likely getting a mass RDM ban slapped on their ass.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

If you set a 10 minute c4 as a t, it could actually be helpful

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Some traitors place 10 minute c4s in specific places to move innocents away from that area (because of the beeps). This may allow them to group the players up in order to kill them all easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Pokeben10

Ok, actually wtf. When does this ever happen? And how many is "some?" I feel like you're just making stuff up at this point.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

It's not RDM to defuse a C4? And I'm not saying it's a particularly frequent thing, although I've certainly seen a lot of it recently, it's a defence of a 10 minute C4. I mean C4 Roulette just wouldn't be the same.

12. Pokeben10

No, I was saying that it's RDM to attempt to defuse a C4 and have it kill other players.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

use a radio and spam c4 if you if want to flush out kids. I don't think disarming chances should weaken at the low end at all, a 45 second c4 should have some easy innocent counterplay.

A better c4 change that would actually encourage people to play the game on maps where it's easy abused is make it a one time purchase

14. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

For the suggestion, it might be worth a shot but I’m neutral on this as I think there might be plays for this but it is far and wide.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

c4 roulette is technically metagaming anyways, definitely not intended to be a defining feature of the weapon

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I see it happen all the time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Pokeben10

Idk man, I highly doubt it

18. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

Eh idk. I really like planting a 10 minute c4 as a T in a densely populated area and watching someone try to defuse it

19. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

by default if you set the C4 over 4 mins (eg 4:05) there will be only 1 safe wire

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

I am down with this, It'd make shit a lot more fast paced. I have never seen a 10 minute C4 go off naturally.

• Agree Agree x 2