Answered Certain Slurs

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Confused Amish Man, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alright, so I apologize if this is covered anywhere else on the forums, but i searched high and low for it and I don't think the rules clearly state what is and isn't allowed with some words.

Now, I'm going to be saying some of these words in this report, just as a warning.

My list of words I am curious about being acceptable or not.

"Nigga"
    "Cunt"
    "Bitch"

I am aware that words such as "Nigger" and "Faggot" are never allowed in any circumstance.

I am also aware that cussing is allowed as long as it does not fall under harassment, so please don't think I do not understand that context is very important, as the rules and basic common sense already tell me that sort of thing. I'm mainly making this post so I have a clear cut definition of what is never acceptable, no matter the context, as there has been a lot of debate in server especially about the words 'nigga" and "fag".

I ask this because I usually ask others to not break the rules when staff are not around, which seems to be frequent recently, and I want to know iron-clad the ruling.

2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

They're all acceptable. The ones you mentioned, at least.

3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

All of these words during my tenure I allowed like if someone was jokingly saying "you bitch or you cunt" but if it was very blatant to where it was meant for harassment such as "Destiny you are such a fucking cunt" then that would warn for harassment.

4. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

They're acceptable just don't harass people with them.

• Old Old x 1
  5. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

As people have mentioned above, those words are acceptable and not acceptable in context. Harassment is a very discretionary thing up to the staff member. Keep in mind that Harassment is aggressive pressure or intimidation; in other words, if the staff feels that if the context targets a player or a group of player with negative pressure, it will be handled as such. However, out of context, no particular word is simply "banned" according to our rules.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1