Cars, cars, and more cars

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Elvis, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I take the bus

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. food

food VIP

My car kinda sucks but it's got a nice paintjob
    painted-pony-1024x768.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Damn how many horsepower you get with that

4. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

can't wait for battery day. hopefully new version of full self driving will compliment it. i will not buy a model 3 until the new battery tech is available.

5. Shadow™

Shadow™ What it do Shortyyyy™ VIP

Im hopin they will almost have the fully self driving by the end of the year. and battery day will be fun hoping they have some new surprises

6. Santa Claus

With Lucid being blown up in the news about their above 500m range, I think they'll have something to brag about. I know batteries will become relatively cheaper, so we will see higher energy density and less weight.

With that being said, I think they will be moving to 100kW packs for most of their lineup

7. Shadow™

Hopefully yeah, Im runnin like 350 but it drains quick
    Im still waiting on the other cars to be announced

8. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I respect electric cars and electric performance but I live for the sound of the internal combustion. I'll have (and have had) fun in a performance Model S but I can't smile long enough because I'm not hearing the sound of a an awesome sounding exhaust or supercharger whine or hitting insane downshifts (auto, dual clutch, or manual).

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Santa Claus

i know this is a car thread but i've seriously considered buying a used 60kW pack and converting my boat to electric. its got a 90hp on it

10. Shadow™

Yeah thats the only problem with a Tesla, Like its fast as fuck 0-60 in like 3.2-4.2 secs but i hate that there is no sound when you go fast in it or when your driving in general

11. My Dime Is Up

If you need a good workshop manual to work on cars, https://www.emanualonline.com/ is excellent. If I read correctly, this is the exact program and info w/ pictures the dealerships use. I got a full VM of Elsawin for my 2013 allroad. I'll be installing dynamic turn signals in about 2 weeks and could see all tabs and how to take the cover off. Same for tranny fluid (since Audi says the ZF8 is lifetime (ZF says otherwise lmao)). Also when I need to do my timing chain in about 20,000 I can see everything broken down. ALSO very use because I'm a torque nazi, and anything over 10nm that is on the engine/tranny/powertrain must be torqued down, EVERYTHING (yes that includes the fluid drain/fill bolts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. My Dime Is Up

Installed sequential/dynamic turn signals and they lookin fine