Cars, cars, and more cars

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Elvis, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Ooooohhhh god bro i drove a VR4 a couple years back. This guy brought it to a local cars and coffee meetup and dear god i fell inlove with everything.

I was hoping to get my next car in standard but my insurance laughed at my face when i even mentioned a stick shift. Bitch would have been raised min 200 bc “its now considered a sports car” like WHAT? I literally had an option of a 2014 forte 5 ex stick shift or the 2012 forte 5 ex automatic. They MADE me get the slower car like uhhhhhhhh bitch youre mean.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Huh that’s odd, although I have 0 experience with newer cars, newest car I’ve owned is a 2000 celica lol.

But yeah dude I fucking love my VR4 shits lit

3. Peter

Peter VIP

My main daily: 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 64,XXX miles with the venerable 4.6L V8

All stock, bought it myself my senior year of high school, just did some things here and there to make the car more modern and nicer. Nothing brag-worthy tbh

- Kenwood DDX9903s head unit (awesome for CarPlay and getting gauges on the screen over Bluetooth) (also had to get Axxess steering wheel control adapter to retain the steering wheel buttons)
    - Pioneer backup camera (very helpful because the ass end extends pretty far out)
    - APEMAN Front + Rear 1080p dash camera
    - Uniden R3 radar detector (got after my 1st ticket... never again)
    - Custom Morimoto D2S 5.0 Bi-Xenon projector headlights (custom retrofit by Kevin at PantherLights) (these are 100% essential on Panther cars, the headlights suck incomplete balls)
    - Sylvania ZEVO LED turn signals/brake light bulbs (these are some of the only retrofit LED bulbs out there that work correctly, I had to also get an electronic flasher and splice it in to fix hyperflash)
    - WeatherTech in-channel window deflectors (I like em, nice to leave the windows cracked in the rain, and helps redirect the wind with the window down)
    - Remote start
    - Rubber floor mats + trunk liner
    - Rear windows tinted (illegal in NY but no one cares and I know a guy to pass inspection)

And for the winter, I got a set of identical OEM alloy wheels for $200 from the boneyard (tires included... sold the tires for $80 on Craigslist lol) and got Michelin X-ICE snow tires. Haven't used them yet but this car in the snow with all seasons isn't too terrible as long as you know how to handle the transmission, traction control, and RWD of course

[​IMG]

Also I deliver pizza in this Suzuki SX4 but who cares

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Peter

Peter VIP

update? transmission not blown yet? if its the 2.7 V6 is the engine blown too?

5. Don't have a car, i just drive by bus

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. veL

veL VIP

Nah everything's good still
    it's the 2.4L

only minor issue currently is a faulty wheel speed sensor (ABS light) but it doesn't impact my driving or braking abilities whatsoever so i've just been putting off getting it fixed for ~$150

• Like Like x 1
  7. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Gonna be switchin cars a little bit until about 6-8 months from now.

Borrowing Mom's car until grandma transfers title on her Corolla and I pay her. Love driving position. Sit really high up compared to most other SUVs (You can actually see the hood of this car while driving. Amazing nowadays right?!), and the blocky design looks really nice (like the wheel arches), though look at the last photo for why the blocky design also sucks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wish we had the HIDs (like below). They look pretty badass in the night but what ever. Its not even my car so I can't complain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^^^^
    Look at that glorious 13.4 MPG in the gauge cluster!
    All generic photos of same model except for the interior radio shot I took.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Need to wait for the mom to settle somethin with the house. After 6-8 months she can cosign a small $4,000 24 month loan. Would eventually swap for honeycomb grill and a nice front bumper lip (mostly like 2nd photo). I don't wana do a tune since I'd need to pay for premium gas, which is like over 50cents per gallon more expensive where I live.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  8. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Ill be real with you. If you can afford the insurance for the A4, you can afford an extra 50 cents per gallon for gas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

If you can afford the insurance, the loan which works around something like this: $4000 down payment with 24 monthly payments at around $16000, plus another few grand for taxes, plus some more money for the pack the dealer puts on it... we'll just stick with $16000 for the entire loan, without interest, works out to $500 monthly payments. Insurance is going to be somewhere around that for someone your age with that car. That's $1000 monthly so far. That's the rent on my house. It's just a medium sized sedan. If you're gonna go for a go fast car that has comfort, I'd go with a WRX instead. They're fun cars that will still seat 5 people comfortably when you and your friends decide to take a last minute roadtrip to Winstar, 5 hours from your house.

I know this might sound whack like, "Bro it's not gonna cost $1000 monthly for this car" but do the math. It's expensive.

But yeah I agree with Elvis, if you can afford the loan + insurance, just get the damn thing tuned and pay the gas premium.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. My Dime Is Up

I did think about that but the WRX has that "boy racer" stereotype. Yeah I know to ignore the stereotypes and everything but I just love Audis. They got this really cool look and stance to them (Along with badass DRls, though I'm a sucker for any DRLs that look good). Along with that, I won't be buying dealer, I'll go private low mileage and save more money. To say I can't afford the premium isn't true. I should clarify, I'd rather NOT pay 50 cents extra for premium. I can pay for it though it seems a little ridiculous at this moment, hoping they will go back down eventually in the future. The B8.5s are probably the most reliable model A4 Audi has made yet so far. Get the B8.5 S4 with the v6 and you got yourself a pretty much solid engine (tho insurance is higher than if you were to just tune your A4 and more expensive). The 2.0T are pretty good in the B8.5 might as well get that

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

Almost died driving down the interstate in the rain. In the last day or two my front end alignment has been fucked by something and is toe out, so every puddle on the interstate was a dice roll on what direction my car was going to go.

CV joints are also in terrible shape and popping. Valve cover leaking oil.

TL;DR I want to drive my 122K 2014 Ford Escape off a cliff and finance a Model 3

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Typical fords

13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

my car go vrooooooom

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

My car doesn't have a speedometer
    Balkan style :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. My Dime Is Up

Sorry for bumping, this a good thread. Also can we get a photo @danstorm

16. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Of my car, or my speedometer xd? This is currently the only pic I have right now.
    Screenshot_20200106-224710_Snapchat.jpg

17. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

Nice bumper, very clean

18. My Dime Is Up

Really drained my bank account but I wanted something after not being able to buy anything for about a year now with my FAA medical bullshit with my ADHD, ASD, and Tourettes. 99.9% getting my medical in about 2 weeks so fuck it.

2013 Audi allroad semi-blackoptics (Black grille but no blackout chrome trim). Super aggressive looking, kinda special since us Americans LOVE our SUVs and hate wagons. Here I get the practicality of SUV with handling and MPG of a sedan. Also I'm a sucker for Audi LED daytime running lights.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

I drive a 2014 VW GLI Silver - Autobahn Version with Black Leather Interior and Red Accents]
    vw car.jpg
    vw car interior.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. My Dime Is Up

Damn nice. I was considering the GLI but looks that Audi has (The grille, black-optics grille, the awesome DRLs) the distinct "Audi" clickiness of every button and knob in the interior, and the fact there are very little allroad station wagons made me get the Audi allroad instead of the GLI. GLI is an awesome car for the money.

Quick question for you. I literally just play with my buttons to listen to this sound (40 seconds). Does VW have clicky buttons since they share a lot with Audi, hence VW/Audi group?