Cannot kill for seeing someone shooting a KOS'd person

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by ayygurl_, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Hello,

What would you guys think of implementing a new rule that would slay people for killing other innocents because they're shooting a KOS'd person? You might think this is unfair because not everyone doesn't see/hear every KOS, wich is true, but it's their fault after all, isn't it?

Also, I hope nobody already requested that. I'm too lazy to check anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

1. Is this a suggestion? Because it's quite clearly in the wrong section.
    2. No. What if you kill someone for shooting someone that was KOSed but you didn't know about that? It's going to cause even more confusion for the staff to deal with since they will constantly be needing to check for KOSes in text chat and getting proof that the person was called out in voice chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Yeah it's pretty much a suggestion, sorry then.

It's his fault if he didn't see the KOS, call me nazi or whatever you want, but it's a bit annoying for the innocent that gets killed, and you cannot deny it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Bravo

Bravo VIP

No, because it would protect traitors from killing anyone who was KOSed, meaning a T buddy could just KOS all innocents and then the traitors would be allowed to kill everyone without any counter action.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Yeah, but they'd get KOS'd for false KOS's.

6. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Think of it as this:
    You could kill anyone and claim they were KOSed. People won't kill you in fear of getting slain so you keep doing it over time until you win the round.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I moved this to suggestions.

Also, Bravo stole my point, so yeah..
    It's equally traitorous to shoot a KOS'd person and a not-KOS'd person because both are ultimately killing someone.
    Also, someone being KOS'd doesn't make them a traitor nor innocent, it just means someone says they should be killed, for whatever reason.

If you wish, extend the courtesy of not shooting when you're aware the target is KOS'd (most do this and would likely not kill the perp).
    But if you see someone start shooting at someone else and you're unaware of the KOS...
    That looks hella traitorous, doesn't it?

No thanks, bad idea, negative for gameplay.
    It sucks getting killed for following a KOS but that's you choosing to commit a traitorous act.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Let me add something that I forgot to mention in my suggestion actually. I was thinking that you could not kill people that are killing KOS'd people only when they are shooting them, and maybe until the body is indentified. I see your point.

Yeah it looks hella traitorous but it's kind of my fault if I didn't see the KOS imo.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Let me ask you this:
    How do you accommodate people who may or may not be paying attention to the game?
    In fact, that's how our punishment for koses work. It's based on whether the person is paying attention to the game or not.

The rest is explained by @Snowflake❄️ so I won't reiterate that.

10. ayygurl_

ayygurl_ VIP

Yeah I guess that's a rule that cannot be implemented. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.