Can we have golden and silver skins yet?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by incognito moe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. I think players should get bronze, silver golden skins after achieving a certain amount of kills with a weapon.

Everybody knows that rewarding the player with cosmetic shit is a good way to encourage gameplay, and having it in TTT should be no different.

I'm sick of threatening to RDM people to have their golden gun, help a brother out.

somebody tag Rauno he always has golden snipu

• Disagree x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

no

• Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

-1 as much as i like our gold skinned weapons this is not CoD.

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

5. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

But anyone can get a ton of kills if they play for long enough. This won't discourage RDM, nor would it benefit actually skilled players

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

What? A weapon progression system does not mean cod. It means weapon progression.

+1

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. It's a purely cosmetic thing, you can say the same for skins honestly.

8. Comparing it to CoD doesn't weaken my argument.

9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Nobody is saying that it will discourage rdm, nor is anyone saying that it will benefit players. This is entirely a cosmetic weapon progression system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Can't have it right now, VIP struggles :cry:

Yeah, I guess it could be cool to get skins, even if it's just a recolour, for a certain amount of kills/headshots with a gun. You could show off your proficiency with a certain weapon to others. Could also make using gimmicky weapons just so you can show people that you've got the skin a thing.

+0.5, would be cool to have but there are better suggestions out there

• Like Like x 2
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Holy shit I actually agree with you. Sounds good to me +1. Also it most likely won't happen, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Python~

Moe said he threatens to RDM players who don't give up their golden guns
    Regardless of this was a joke or not, that is what I was referring to

And if you're gonna have a progression system, I would rather have one based on skill rather than time. Plus, gold weapons are available at certain times for events and whatnot. This would make them available for everyone at any time for any skin, which I don't support

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Is that even a bad thing?
    I mean it sure is better than the anniversary event that forces you to throw 10 - 20 dollars on a skin AND forcing you to farm points. Instead, you're rewarding for being good at a certain gun.

Call of Duty isn't entirely that bad, just 'cause It's not as hardcore as your gamemode built off of a 2004 sandbox game doesn't mean we can't take inspiration off of it.

+1 btw

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Then suggest a better system.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

16. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Heh, wonder where that was suggested over 4 year ago :whistle::whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Pretty sure people would buy elite for an asiimov m4 instead of just keeping their vip w/ silver m4a4, not because the skin looks good, but because its limited time.

Which can be seen when people begged to get elite because they wanted:
    Not even a golden SL8, just a dark yellow gun with "SGM" engraved onto it
    A colt that's just blobs of red

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Python~

1. An achievement system (which is a system based off skill) has been suggested years ago

2. No.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  19. That's exactly what I was suggesting. You play the game for a long time, you get the better shit other players don't. There's already perks and other items not accessible to ordinary players.

I don't get why you're responding to this thread if you have nothing constructive to add other than 'no'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Python~

If all you read was me saying "no" then you're picking what to read. You told me to do something, I declined, and told you that it has already been done. Your point?

I've given something constructive in every post I've made:
    Essentially what I'm saying is that this would make gold weapons non-exclusive at minimal effort, which I don't want, so I am not supporting.
    The only way I would support implementing something like this is if it was based off skill-based achievements
    How did you not gather any of that?

And before you argue that I'm just someone who has the golden AK and I don't want others to have it, you'd be pleased to hear that I actually don't own any gold weapons aside from the colt

btw, you already get better shit if you play for a long time: skins, jihad sounds, and upgrades. Plus points to spend on rounds and weapons. This is what you already get for putting time into this server
    Now we need something you get for practicing skill, which is what would not be accessible to ordinary players. Anyone can AFK on a server for points.

I remain on my -1, unless this is implemented into some form of achievement based system, which likely won't happen anyway

• Winner Winner x 1