Rejected Can we go back to before christmas update?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by avukyi2r3, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avukyi2r3

avukyi2r3 VIP Emerald

My favorite thing to do was play as a detective with a jackhammer and being able to defend myself but now the jackhammer is so shit that a normal shotgun or smg outperform it. The only gun that needed a nerf was the HK and all it needed was a reduced mag so people could not spam it. What's the point of the jackhammer now? It was meant to be a fast shotgun since detectives will often be ganged on early.

I was one of the people asking for balance and god it's horrible. I don't really want to play anymore. Many of the maps I liked to play on got removed. Some of the models I used got changed for shittier "upgrades". And most of all the balance is horrible and while I like some of the new mechanic for snipers I miss the old balance and im now thinking less guns is better.

I mean I understand that many of you did not like some of the removed maps but for us that did this fucking sucks I've been playing here for 2 years and it honestly feels like punishment. Asking what the players want was the worst idea ever. I wish those polls never happened. Maybe we should make a new server or something that copy the old one I don't know but it's just not the same and im sad.

My favorites updates were always the one that just added models, maps and guns and didn't attempt to "fix" things

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I've been playing here for 4 years so by your logic my opinions are worth more???

The only issue with the update is the snipers feel like hot trash but I'm enjoying not being killed by AKs, Hks and Jackhammers all the time.

Give it a month and you'll stop complaining.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

Agree with Carned here. A LOT of weapons needed to be nerfed, Jackhammer is a perfect example. It's not fun when the Det or whoever can hold down the trigger and gun you down.
    Second to this, it was worse when a Traitor got their hands on one because you could rarely win a gunfight with them for how strong it was.

With your comment about "asking what the players wanted" I feel asking for feedback/what players want is a better thing rather than what 1 person thinks is best.
    Many games survive because of their players feedback, while others suffer from not listening to feedback. (Looking at you EA)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I don't play GMod.

• Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

While there were few bad changes most changes were rly good. People are actually using other guns, obviously there are going to be some that are used most but now im not only getting killed by AKs and SL8s.

Jackhammer was a little overnerfed and should get something reverted but 90% of the changes have felt good after the sniper legacy thing.

Also these changes to jackhammer n all let us test with other changes like intervention got changed so thats a +.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Feels like sl8 and jackhmammer were over nerfed to the point of no longer being balanced but rather not pointful. This is a problem for det as you are a constant target. If it means anything I personally don't play det because I never liked being ganged up on even when I had a good sl8 / ak and jackhammer combo it didn't feel viable and now if I see a jackhammer on the ground I'd literally rather carry anything else in slot 7 vs that piece of shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

The reason the Jackhamer was OP is because to every 2 traitors or 4 innocents there is 1 detective. The traitors get 2 creds each at the beginning and detectives get 1

So for every detective there is 1 credit to 4 credits that the traitors have. The 4 C4's; 4 MP5s; 4 Knives/Harpoons; 4 Jihads; or any combination of those extremely deadly items

No shit the weapon should be OP but upper administration don't understand basic ratios. I agree it should have been nerfed but in a way like it has limited ammo, not just be a pellet gun

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

The one thing I don't like is that I can't quick switch when scoped *coughs* daddy opal pls

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I started playing on the server pretty much just after the update was released. So I can't say anything about what it was before, but what it is now does feel pretty good to me. There are some things that are pretty OP though, like the M4, MP7, and the healing death station. Many of the other guns feel good in their own way too.

Any update that includes balance is always a good thing. If things stay the same for too long it gets boring. It also forces players to try something new and step out of the comfort zone. I suggest try giving the update more of a chance before discounting it as bad. You might find something that you can have more fun with than before.

10. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

My only concern is why they didn’t even bother to nerf the mp7 as it was alrdy OP before the Christmas update but other than the nerfs on some of the weapons, I’m ok with it.

11. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

I never had a problem with it in fact i rarely used it lol

12. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback here. We do hear you and I'll talk to Opal about some potential tweaks, though as @Jässa has pointed out, the desired overall effect has been achieved. We have people using a much wider assortment of guns and people aren't defaulting to what was clearly overbearing in terms of strength while everything else was resigned to being a novelty weapon. It wasn't by any means our intention to overdo it, but we can see the input and we'll discuss it and see what we can do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Meh, people are using different guns because they are trying to find the broken ones. In a month everyone will be back to using only 2-3 guns that have been deemed standard by the community. It took how long for the hk-sl8 craze to start? People realized a long time ago how OP the sl8 was but it didn't become a norm until way later when the idea of it being OP spread.

I think the update was cool, but it's only a matter of time before players start using the same crap. Its inevitable with this sort of game and community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Joker

Joker The Clown Prince of Crime VIP

I just want all the Christmas music gone.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  15. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Not necessarily, people will always have preferences, and some guns will always be stronger.
    But personally, I feel like this update has 'leveled' the playing field far as guns are concerned.
    Uhh.. Essentially, the guns 'feel better'?
    Like, some of them actually feel unique, where in the past they were just inferior version of a different weapon with no identity of their own.
    Obviously these changes aren't necessarily perfect but yeah, 2 cents, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Skipster baby

Skipster baby Member

Nah. They killed the jack hammer, and the ump the detectives can buy is also trash. I honestly don't know what to do any more as D. This is why people are currently trying other weapons as stated. The riot shield is broken, no point in buying a jack hammer anymore... I mean come on. D's should have means to protect themselves. Way overnerfed jackhammer, can't quick switch out of scope, detective ump should increase damage output (ppl would buy that more if you just changed that and kept jack hammer the same.) And Ts that get the jack hammer would have earned it. Besides, mp7 is already OP what difference would it make?

I'd have to agree with OP here. Maybe keep the SL8? As it is, return the JH at least.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Bumperino. Ok, so I have changed my mind. I do miss the old update and it made a lot of people who used to play ttt there happy, including myself. I just don’t feel as much enjoyment as I do now because of the major balances. Some of those maps that were removed were fun to play, and some weapons were changed when they didn’t need the changes. I gotta agree with you here, because it was way more fun back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  18. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

nah nigga it was horrible back then, now its just slightly less horrible imo. mainly speaking for vanilla servers, even though the shotgun is still slightly overpowered in there

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Braap

Braap Member

AK nerf was good, jackhammer nerf bad :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.