Accepted !calladmin

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by .shirt, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Was wondering why we don't have thr !call admin script on the servers*

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

abuse
    unnecessary
    misuse

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. .shirt

.shirt VIP

There can be punishments in place for abusing the command.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. CorallocinB

there can be but

with abusing the command the admin who is called will have to spend time away from anything else to deal with it

and the abuse may not be visible at first it could take several minutes to determine if the command was abused because the person who called for the admin will have a story and it could all be falsified so wasting time to determine that isnt ideal

not to mention you'd also be torn between abuse and misuse people may use the command improperly but not necessarily abusing it they use it under a misunderstanding

also what punishments would follow you cant just ban a person for abusing it first offense but what punishments can follow for that kicking them isnt going to solve anything muting their chat doesnt stop muting commands

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

You called for an admin?

• Funny x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  6. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I mean, shoutbox is pretty much this already.

If implemented, you could probably disable it when a staff member is on our server and give it a global cooldown in between uses for all players (i.e. five minutes).

The only benefits I see is potentially linking this to sb and maybe discord to cut down on the good old five people yelling for a mod in sb.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Thank you for requesting a staff member, please understand the staff are aware of staffless servers and shoutbox staff can not always join the server. Please be patient, if a staff member is available they may join, but staff are not obligated to join, they are volunteers.

jk tho. I guess it could work in theory but I feel that 75% of the time when a staff member is requested its only for a single act of rdm

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

I feel like this will be more possible once discord is up with integration of opalbot.
    +1 btw

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Make it a vote like !rtv. If it passes, it uses OpalBot to @ staff members in the discord channel. Staff can use a command to temporarily disable being @'ed for this.

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CorallocinB

why do i need to participate in a vote to get the attention of a staff member

like, i may understand if it's a hacker but people want a staff member to join the server more times than not for RDM problems so that's not something everyone is involved in or cares about just a few proactive and or affected people.

"4/36 voted yes to get a staff member, we apologize but you did not meet the required threshold to receive a staff member. Please try again in 5 minutes! Rot in this server while you wait."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

I never said the entire server had to vote. Make it like 30% of the server. That's 10 people out of 36.

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

In all honesty. Ew. Make it like !rtv in the sense of the timer. Make it that once per map players can do !calladmin and opal bot does "@mod @admin staff is needed to 'server'"

13. .shirt

.shirt VIP

what im suggesting aswell makes it that staff are automatically notified when theres no staff on a server for a set period of time @Robokiller87

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Maybe a plugin that automatically runs a simple check, like number of players divided by open reports, if it becomes a certain number (idk like.... 10 open reports for 30 players) not sure what is alot or a little, then it updates a web page on the forums for staff to see. Or just a simple dashboard that shows all servers, the number of players, and number of open reports.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CorallocinB

staff can see which servers arent staff. not just a "go to the server list and see if a staff isnt there"

on the main page of the forums there's a checker that displays (#) next to the total # of people on a server to the right of the main page where (#) is the # of staff in a server. They can see if a staff member isnt in a server from that. You suggest automatic notifications should be done how? Maybe thru discord? Im sure that's possible but i dont think the staff would want that tbh that could just be like, tiresome or spammy or things of that like

in any of these cases opalium is gonna need to do some wan-tan shit like coding to make it happen

16. Icey

Icey Member

On a TF2 server I used to play on when you used the !Admin command it would actually send them a steam message. Of course this needs to be heavily monitored for abuse and such, but it does help to some extent.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This is indeed going to be resolved with OpalBot. With its ingame integration, she will be able to automatically notify staff when a busy server is staffless, and also alert when there are many pending reports in a server to make sure it is prioritized.

This will make a command unnecessary. As mentioned above, it can be abused and becoming an annoyance to the staff.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Ahh its a she :sneakylove:

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2