Call Detective to c4

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Silent Rebel, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

We don’t KOS Ts for calling Detective to bodies or call innocents proven for calling them to bodies, so why would this change?

Y’all are over thinking something which is down to the detectives own competence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I go to every body called to because I know I’ll probably win the gunfight regardless and it’s very very rarely a trap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Because that would be an innocent causing a detective's death intentionally and that's bad.

Sure, the detective is taking a calculated risk by going there, but I don't think the detective would actually include their own teammates into that calculation.

I don't get how that makes sense as a response to anything I said. First of all, bodies don't explode when you go to them, so calling a D to a body is not a T act, unlike calling one to an active C4 to get them killed. Secondly, we don't KOS Ts for calling Ds to bodies and call Innocents proven for calling them to bodies because that would already require knowing the role of the person who called the D to the body in the first place.

4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

So when is this being added

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

since when is it a part of gameplay for innocents to intentionally get detectives killed? I'm confused by this whole thing, sounds like toxic gameplay which would be dealt with by staff if it's even a real problem (which it wouldn't be). Plus, how can you predict that the detective will come with just enough time to kill them but not enough time for them to defuse? Sounds like you'd need some psychic powers or mind control or insane luck to even come close to pulling this off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dani

Yes, I'm just saying that this is something that might happen that can be easily prevented by just not giving the innocents the opportunity to do it in the first place. Mods don't have to handle this type of RDM if it's not even possible for Innocents to do it while the C4 is still active. Other servers have rules that say that you aren't allowed to throw incends before the round starts. This server simply doesn't let you do it because there is nothing you would have to gain from it anyway.

It's still a thing that people will try and will sometimes work. C4s have range and if you know where the detective is it wouldn't even be that hard to pull off. How hard it is is irrelevant, though.

7. Silent Rebel

I mean if its so difficult that it's near impossible to actually pull off, then I'd say it has relevance. Just because you technically have the potential to kill 32 people at once with explosives doesn't make explosives OP, since that possiblity is nearly zero. The detective can see the icon and choose to ignore it if they want. Like carned said, it's up to the detective. Plus, as a detective I would simply ask "hey how much longer on the c4" and then decide to flee or disarm. Even if the player intended to kill the detective, it wouldn't be RDM simply because the detective is the one who choose to go towards the c4, and it's a traitor weapon anyways. That's like saying its RDM for an innocent to call a detective to a body near a T trap and cause them to get killed. It's not RDM, the traitor killed them, which is part of the game.. There are quite a few ways for an innocent to indirectly cause the death of a detective by the traitors hands, this would just be another one and treated as such. There wouldn't be any extra reports for the staff to deal with.

I understand your concern sort of, but I think the pros outweight the cons here. This will add a counter play to c4 heavy maps, adding a risk factor instead of guranteeing massive kills. If it causes a detective death every now and then, oh well, that's what c4 does, whether or not the detective is called to it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  8. Dani

I didn't think of the advantages of allowing innocents to call detectives to C4s, actually. I guess the implication here is that you'd rather get a Detective to use a defuser than just risk cutting a random wire? I guess you're right then.

This I disagree with, though. It is not part of the game to intentionally murder your own teammates in an indirect way. If an innocent calls a D to a body with the intention of getting the D to run into a T trap, then that player should be punished. Emphasis on "should be", because unless the player confesses, it's impossible to know their intentions anyway, so it's never going to happen.

9. Silent Rebel

Well, I think under the current rules they should not be punished. You can disagree but that's just how the rules are. Maybe a staff member could clarify, but even if a player was like "haha I called you to that body hoping the t would activate the trap" and completely admitted their intentions, they wouldnt be punished. It's like if I false KOS someone as inno and then a traitor kills them later with c4, I'm not gonna be punished for false kos because the traitor killed them (normal gameplay), not an innocent/detective (toxic gameplay). Staff correct me if I am wrong because I haven't been active in game until somewhat recently and that's how the old rules were.

10. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The above stated examples of misuse would certainly fall under toxic gameplay and would be easy to program around.

That stated, I'm for this idea. We already have this functionality via people making callouts in chat, this would simply expedite the process and make it more of a 'feature'. Is there really anything stopping an innocent right now from luring a hapless detective to a nearly exploded C4 with voice or chat cues? Honestly, I don't think so. Big +1 from me, I'll see what I can do.

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If you are a detective and you get called to a c4, you take the risk of it blowing up in your face.

for those that are bold....
    +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

A few things:

1. If this is to be implemented, the color of the C4 call would have to be a different color than the IDed bodies
    2. If we do this for C4s, what stops there being callouts to other T equipment? Death stations, decoys, radio, etc.
    3. You shouldn't be able to call a Detective to an active C4.
    4. When you call a detective to a body, it says so in chat. Will this be stated in chat as well?

13. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Granted. That would be the obvious method to avoid any confusion. Possibly a different icon, too.

What other T equipment merits the same kind of attention as this? How does one call out a death station? By the time you know it's a death station it's usually too late. Other traitor equipment is relatively safe to destroy on your own.

On what grounds do you make a statement like this? When I call a detective to C4, it's in the hopes that they'll diffuse it. If they can't or don't want to, they can simply not respond to the call.

I think it would be an okay idea to print a message in chat to go along with it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

In my opinion, the main reason to call a Detective to T equipment - like calling a Detective to a body - is to get DNA. You can get DNA from a Death Station, decoy, and/or radio

I think calling a Detective to C4 is more often going to be used to get DNA than to spend a credit - if they have one - to buy a defuser and risk their round attempting to get to it in time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I actually like the idea of calling a detective to an active c4 as an innocent. I also like the idea of an approximate time left on the c4 showing up with the call out if active.

The first application thats already been argued for a few times is the innocent marking it for timely purposes, which would aide the innocents with dna of a bad dude. The time left enables the detective to make the call the whether or not to make the trek, which enables it's second application.

The second application I see is the ability to mark it so the detective can help he and himself avoid being blown up if there's not enough time for the defusal. This helps reduce casualities by playing smart and encourages communication between the Innocents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Maybe with the chat callout itll round the time left to 30 seconds, always rounded up? So if theres 20 seconds, in the chat message it would say: "Player called a detective to a c4 with about 30 seconds remaining!" And with anywhere between 0 and 30 seconds left, thats what it would say. Between 30 and 60 it would say 60, and so on. So you get an approximate time but it makes it risky to deal with. I feel giving an exact time would be too overpowered, and a smaller amount of rounding just makes it too safe to deal with it.

17. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

+1

18. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Yeah, I can agree with this, 5-10 second range sounds like fair game to me. Originally was thinking something like that, then altered my suggestion away from it, then altered it and redacted part of it once again due to it being somewhat thread hijacky in nature.

19. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

( ( ( HĘÇK ) ) ) it, why not

+1

20. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

+1