Call Detective to c4

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Silent Rebel, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Should add a button to the C4 menu that calls a detective, same as bodies. Would make disarming c4 a little easier and would allow detectives to get DNA off of c4s easier. I'm bad with directions and I don't know the maps so being a detective sucks when people are trying to lead me to the c4.

edit: make it blue too

edit edit: after reading some comments, it might be more balanced to only be able to call the detective once the c4 has been disarmed. That could be a possible implementation. I can see either way working well. If players think its too OP to have a detective called to live c4, I can understand that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. HR Phasma

HR Phasma VIP

3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

yes

4. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

Ya

5. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

+1

6. Witchking

Witchking VIP

• Confusing Confusing x 4
  7. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

+1

8. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

seems like a cool feature that should probably be a part of core TTT

+1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

+1
    Just don't add the feature to armed C4s because people will abuse it to get detectives killed.

EDIT:
    Or if it is added to armed C4s, make it have a timer so that people don't call to 5 second C4s attempting to get rounds ruined.

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

How is a detective going to get to a c4 in 5 seconds?

Failing that the person calling to a c4 with 5 seconds is going to die so why would they?

Furthermore this already happens with Ts calling detectives to inno bodies then killing them which doesn’t “ruin rounds” it’s a tactic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Shouldnt be able to call to active C4. If they really want to do that, using a body near a c4 would work better anyways.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  12. Silent Rebel

But I want them to defuse it

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

One thing is using it as a tactic while traitor. Another is an innocent using it to get detectives killed. And a detective can be called to the C4 with 5 seconds, get near it and die without even seeing the C4. It's why it needs a timer that only the detectives can see, like the whole calling to bodies icon.
    Plus, I doubt you've seen an innocent calling a detective to a body just to kill them. You know exactly that I'm talking about innocents calling to C4 and not traitors.

14. Silent Rebel

Yeah but this happens just as often when people are directing me to the c4. People are like hey come to this side of the map and I go there and can't find the c4 but I'm close enough to get waffle stomped by it. Pretty annoying when it happens.

15. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

If a detective is stupid enough to go to a c4 at 5 seconds then if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

+1
    It'd be very helpful for innocents and detectives alike.
    It'd also encourage a bolder positioning by traitors (e.g. not in T room) to bait detectives.
    Maybe defusers will be bought :oo:

17. Sanchez ❤

Sanchez ❤ Junior staff trainer VIP

+1 detectives never check c4s for dna

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

The difference between calling a Detective to a body as a tactic to lure them into a trap and calling a Detective to a C4 that's about to explode as a tactic is that you would actually need to shoot the Detective with your gun when he gets there in the first case. If we implemented that button for when the C4 is still running, Innocents would be able to call a Detective there without getting the kill/punishment.

Of course, there are solutions for this. You could either just disallow doing that in the rules, or you could simply not make it possible for innocents, but possible for Traitors.

If we only make it possible for Traitors, that would raise the question: Would we still show the name of the person who called the D to the active C4 in chat? That person would be instantly proven to be a Traitor, but only if someone sees them do it or if the Detective sees that it's active and runs away again and tells everyone that the person who called him to it must be a T. (Although, it could also be the case that someone called the D to it and someone else reactivated it. Depends on the time of the C4.)

Or maybe it would show the name of a Missing In Action person in chat instead?

19. +1 Add it in first and see how it goes

20. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Ill support the idea of trying it, though it does seem more like a noob trap. Its rewarding when you do get DNA of someone 99% T but I think most people would just stop going to C4s called after they die to few of them.
    Yeah but would you really go to anyone calling you to a C4? Im pretty sure most regulars would just use it as info to know where C4 is rather than to actually go defuse it which kinda breaks the purpose. It would just make C4s shittier as killing detectives becomes a lower chance and people would be encouraged even more to plant them only in traitor rooms.

Detectives could still decide if they want to go to the C4 or not, why would it matter if its innocent calling to low count C4?

+1 for testing it but I feel like it would make C4s shittier since Ts would just start planting even more in traitor rooms and if a C4 isnt planted in T room it would just mean a T is baiting with it for majority of the cases. And detectives would just use it as info where not to go as going to the C4 itself as mentioned by other posts leads to multiple shitty outcomes and at best you find DNA of a traitor(who might be dead etc).