!cake Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by EpicWolf~, Jul 4, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should be anticheat added on all TTT servers ?

1. Yes, definetly

2. Not really

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EpicWolf~

EpicWolf~ Supporter

Why staff have to deal with hackers when there is actually working good anticheat right ? What if hacker is so sneaky and you cannot find it :/ Well ! There is always anticheat who will find them when they being naughty why not add it on all servers right ? :)

Link to !cake Anti-Cheat
    https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/460/cake-anti-cheat

• Like x 4
    • Old x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Seems like a brilliant idea. Full support here.

4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Have it send a message to staff that blank may be hacking not auto ban

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Ancient idea, we don't like auto anti cheat, our current systems work fine.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

It's not necessary a bad idea. I have worked in servers that have "auto anti cheat" where they program it to send a message to the staff to tell whether the person is hacking or not. From there, we can spectate the player for any possible cheats. Making it to automatically ban players is a bad idea because there have been false positives being triggered by the anticheat.

+1 if we're using it to only sends out warning/message to the staff.
    -1 if we're using it to autobans people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Bullshit it works fine. Staff don't have the time nor the resources to watch every player in game. A lot of hackers get away, and maybe if we had a little warning of who may be hacking, we can better divert our resources. Hell, why are we saying no to tools that make life easier for staff, and why the fuck are people who have never been staff commenting on this like they know how "fool proof" it is.

bottom line sure what the hell. Like vector said
    Have it send a message to staff that blank may be havking not auto ban

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. EpicWolf~

EpicWolf~ Supporter

Its funny how some people don't wanna see anticheat on server. I don't believe to some autoban when there is no recoil, aimbot people + wallhack and somethimes they run out without punnishmet. Why there is bans by moderators with reason Hacker ? :)

If there will be anticheat staff dont have to deal with this and hacker can be punnished automatically and he can use any type of hack. Lua/C++ etc etc... If you vote no to anti-cheat than you are propably one of the person who is hacking or doing something ilegally with third party software :) Because only good person who understand anticheat is good against hackers will say yes. Remember this is not VAC anticheat and it will ban only people they are supposed to get banned :) How actually staff will know if someone is not even like hacking aimbot or wallhack but stealing Rcon password from server with some super hacks :) He wont know it untill he get banned by person who hacked Owner rank :)

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Agent A

The thing is not every anti-cheat is going to be perfect. It's not going to be 100% foolproof. There is always going to be false positives aka innocent people falling through the cracks of the program/system. We don't want to punish people for actions they have not committed (not hacking but rather falling through the cracks of the system). That's why it should not be used to automatically banned people, but rather used as a warning/alert to the staff about potential hacker.

10. EpicWolf~

EpicWolf~ Supporter

Thats why !cake is really good and I never saw problem with it and also never banned innocent person. If you have that script you actually sending logs to owner of that script and if innocent person get banned than he fix it :) also u can set up only kicking options on everything. If someone get banned without punnishment I guess he also get screenshot from his game in pc automatically when he get banned :) But that should be tried first right ? :) If you wont try than you wont see effect and if anticheat ban someone who never used anything than he can make ban apperal and if he prove he didnt used anything than you send message to owner of script what happen and in next day or next update is fixed

11. Agent A

Except that approach is guilty until proven innocent kind of approach, which we should not be following. It should always be innocent until proven guilty. This is what makes SGM great. We gather evidence to prove whether the person is truly breaking the rules or not. This is done to avoid giving out false punishments. Automatically banning people or kicking people via anticheat isn't necessarily a good approach to avoiding false punishments or innocent until guilty approach.

If you read what I quoted, cake anticheat is good, not perfect. Furthermore, last time I have worked with Cake anticheat, there has been few false positives that had to be tinkered on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I think an auto anti-cheat that doesn't autoban would be good enough to say, "Hey staff member, please be cautious of this player, spectate when you can"

13. Agent A

14. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

why did i reply to you :confused:

15. Juissi :D

Juissi :D Epic VIP

We need it

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

*rates "I don't disagree"*

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. sam.

sam. VIP

Like someone said, if it were to warn staff that someone were a possible cheater instead of automatically banning them, then it'd be something that'd be considered.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

All it does is ban kiddie scripters, it can’t do anything against people with actual hacks. Staff can do the same thing without CAC, idk why we would need it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

There's not always staff on? I think that's a pretty good reason to have at least some kinda barrier against cheating.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Juissi :D

Juissi :D Epic VIP

Because if im not wrong here, a finnish community had it. It didn't automatically ban anyone, it just warned the staff for a player using scripts, and it worked on some hacks that are out there too. I can't remember correctly if it was this, but i think it was