Buff malfunction pistol

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Jässa, Jan 18, 2018.

?

Buff malf pistol accuracy?

1. Yes.

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No but buff another area.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Since malf pistol is kinda talked about with the change I thought why not suggest this now, I want to use malf gun more but its really not good enough.
    First off kind as a side buff:
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/malfunction-pistol-should-do-some-sort-of-damage.34651/
    5 damage would make it easier to track RDM with malf pistol if it gets relevant n all that for new RDM rule and it would be p funny way to kill people.

The best change imo for Malf pistol would be accuracy buff, its really hard to hit a moving target you want to hit from middle-long range(where you want to be since shooting close with malf gun is really pointless) consistently due to cone and shooting 2+ times with malfunction pistol at a time just means suicide anyway. To balance you could change the amount of bullets in malf pistol as 8 isnt necessary anyway.

Other buff variation ideas are welcome also but thats the biggest change Id like.
    Video

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Malfunction gun shots can already be tracked in the damagelogs so the damage isn't needed.
    But yeah, I only used it once when it came out and then only ever picked it up from the ground. In its current state imo, it's a waste of credits especially because of the whole accuracy thing. +1.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Yeah I was told by others after making this post too, I still think the damage would be needed for normal people who can only use logs after the round, I believe right now its possible that you get RDMed by the malf pistol but you have no idea who hit you with it. (Again correct me if Im wrong)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

malfunction shotgun plz

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

+1 I love messing with my friends with this weapon but it get's me killed more often than not (I probably just suck)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sweer

Sweer VIP

Malfunction Pistol has always been a niche due to how easy it is to detect it. For instance, once you shoot the thing, someone either hears it because of how loud it is or because you hit someone and then they announce to the server that somebody has a malfunction pistol.
    What my suggestion is to change how loud the Malfunction pistol is. I believe that that the Silenced Pistol is a lot more quieter than the Malfunction Pistol which is a huge downside the to Malfunction Pistol. If you compare the two, Half the time you shoot the Silenced pistol, people tend to not even realize that they're being shot at while when you shoot a Malfunction Pistol it is blatantly obvious that you're being shot at by a gun with a suppressor. Either change the Malfunction Pistol to be stealthier by reducing the noise it makes to that of the Silenced Pistol or it will probably continue to fail at being a viable T weapon that just takes up your slot 7.

Another thing I would like to address (that most likely won't ever happen) is to suggest changing the Malfunction Pistol outright. My idea is that instead of being a gun that makes people shoot sporadically is that instead, the Malfunction gun would now jam a persons gun. The reason for this is because at it's current state, if you shoot the Malfunction Pistol, you're most likely going to get detected by either the noise or the dna it leaves.
    What it could be is that you can use the Malfunction gun to jam another player's gun so it is unable to fire for a short period. This could be useful in tangent with a disguiser to pick off players who stray away from a group and you want to kill them without taking any damage. Another thing if that seems too strong, you could make the current gun the player is holding to stop working for 2 seconds so they would have to switch to their secondary if they don't want to stand there or run. To me, it seems like an alright idea but it is nothing like the current Malfunction Pistol and how it is used. If there was a way to implement both these features into 1 malfunction gun then it might see more use.

Tl;dr Malfunction gun just isn't worth to spend a credit on when you get detected the moment you shoot it when you could buy an mp7 or harpoon. Either make the malfunction pistol more less audible when you shoot for it to be a more stealthy weapon in likeness of the Silenced Pistol or give the Malfunction pistol a new feature where when you shoot a player, it jams their gun for 2 seconds so they are incapable of shooting so they have to switch weapons or run away. The Malfunction Pistol really is a bad weapon and should receive a change so that it isn't overlooked since it is a pretty neat weapon.

P.S Add a noise reduction on trip mine deploy in the point shop (Like the silenced knife upgrade) so that it is more viable as well (Maybe not 100% silent but 80%?).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

This might require it's own suggestion, but what if you could shoot someone with the malfunction pistol, then direct their aim somehow? A second shot directs where they look next, or where you are looking. Something along those lines

8. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

This weapon isn't that good honestly and it sucks because it's a cool idea. But like you said the accuracy sucks. They should really update this weapon so +1 to your idea.

9. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

Lol everyday I see a new thread about buffing a t weapon, how about we buff them all lmao

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Malfunction Grenade please. I want to see the chaos.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Don’t change it pls I love saying “come here” and shooting my friend wth it while they are aiming at me.

Jk pls fix this thing sucks more than a dyson