BUFF GAUSS

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by BorkWoof, Jun 26, 2017.

1. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

It's a massive glowing stick that's really loud and has one shot before reloading. It's a really risky gun to use, but to further add the risk, It doesn't one shot at times. It's like that faulty AWP addon, which noone uses. Can it please consistently one hit on direct hits?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Dislike x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

I mean, its fine as it is imo, you just have to actually land a shot on the body though

3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the damage was intentionally scaled back to keep it from one hitting all the time, especially since it's a two shot weapon. It's meant to be a power finisher on wounded opponents.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Sometimes direct hits just wound a target, It's just... eh.

well with what wink said i guess getting a quick kill isnt the purpose

5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

@Tankor Of Finland can do special beam canon very fine do we need a buff for it tankor?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

7. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

8. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

Learn how to aim

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Seems too strong to me, can we get a nerf please? ;)

10. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

Sometimes direct hits one hit, other times they don't.

11. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

It one hit from 100hp, I believe if it doesn't 1hit, it wasn't a direct hit.

It's a long distance, unavoidable grenade however, so I don't think anyone want's it buffed, it's a finisher and great in certain situations for that scenario :)

All about versatility, you can't just rely on one T item all the time, explore different scenarios and try different weapons!

12. The gauss is fine as it is. I mean...the special beam cannon is an accurate weapon, not an aoe blaster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

The thing is already a bloody Explosive Double Barrel sniper and you want to buff it!?! No thanks.

14. JackThePumpkin

JackThePumpkin VIP Bronze

The gauss rifle fires a bullet with 2 damage sources: explosion and the bullet itself.
    Since we have 2 variables the damage is very often different every shot. But let's assume that it was a direct hit (our target has full hp and our karma is 1000), in that case the explosion damage will be pretty much always 35 > x > 25. The bullet does naturally 75 damage and is affected by karma but seems to ignore kevlar (from what I noticed), the most important thing is where it hits however. It's affected by hitbox multipliers so hitting arms and legs won't result in an instant kill (given these circumstances). Torso shots usually get the job done, if you doubt that it will kill the target, aim for the head and just treat it like a really loud scout with splash damage and tracer rounds.

It's ok.