Bring back our good o'l community pool and TTT_Waterworld/Water_world, Idr how it's spelled.

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Sentry/Traitor, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Hey! from a few years back i believe there was an older version of community pool that honestly everyone liked better on multiple occasions upon loading the current pool map we have people have said the old pool was much better and well, who doesn't love TTT_waterworld? :3 I hope you guys consider this as this would please many people, and BTW never ever add TTT-legotown or whatever lego thing it is, it's a downright horrible map

• Old Old x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

As you can tell from the two old ratings you have already received, this suggestion has already been given multiple times. I was one of the few who argued for its return in the past. You cannot disagree with the fact that the old community pool was way more popular than the new one, but the same argument that blocks the return of the old version is that there were lag issues and the possibility of RDM whenever someone placed a prop at the bottom of the ladder. However, we've made quite a few changes since then, and we now have a developer. If @Chai could fix the issues, I don't see why we shouldn't bring back one of the most popular maps we've had.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Old pool - rain = top 3 map

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Waterworld was removed due to lag and server crashes, Old pool needs a a fix @My Dime Is Up made a fixed version but it had many downfalls and might not be supported. So @Chai snd +1 for old pool but fixed

5. well 2 things, 1: I'm sure Waterworld has been updated as I've played it on a few other servers that is ran smoothly and at the time I had worst internet than I do now, and 2: what are the downfalls of the fixed version, I would prefer to know.

6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

+1 for anything old pool

7. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

That ladder shelf prop killing bullshit would have to be fixed, it was frustrating to spectate the whole map like before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

yes please

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Easiest solution to the old pool would be just to remove the water at the end of the ladder so people don't jump down all the time, like the new version of pool did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Last update was 2014. I'll retest it still though.

Edit it runs at 30 fps while I usually get about 60-70 others may test it as well if they'd like as the results may vary

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. Well to be honest, who cant handle 30 fps, it wont kill you in your face. That's what i normally play with.

12. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

I've been messing with waterworld recently for a project. If I figure out what is exactly causing the fps drop I will go ahead and fix/re-upload the map if possible.

13. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

The reason why the FPS is so bad is because you have to render an huge swimming pool covered in particles, only fix to the lag I could find was adding fog pretty much right beside the player, or remaking the map to be smaller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. then why could my garbage laptop run it at 45 fps, explain that.

15. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Some GPUs are better at rendering water effects better than others, or the pool got closed every time (that helps fps so much)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aight then.