Bring back Low Population

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Carned, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

mega c4

3. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

in the past, low pop = no pop

so unless people REALLY dedicate themselves to it, i doubt it'll come back

4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i think low pop would be a good idea with all the neato maps and possible testing server

5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

6. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Bad Spelling x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  7. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Pls

8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

9. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

shut down teamspeak and use discord :V

10. Carned

11. Personally, I'd be okay with it as long as it's staffed often enough. Last time they had the LP server, there was rarely any staff playing on it when I would play (and I would play on it pretty often), and every time I would join the server I would be met with RDMers. I think most of my forums reports might have been from the LP server up until the server was shut down, lol.
    I do like the idea of increasing the player limit and making the server a testing ground for possible updates, though. Maybe new fun rounds could be tested as well in LP?

Anywho, I'm up for trying a low pop server again and seeing how it goes, but I'm a little bit skeptical.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  12. Carned

13. +1 it would be great to be able to just go on a small pop server instead of the massive 30+ player servers that has mic spam and rdm. It would be a nice place to just chill and not have to worry about looking everywhere in-case a Inno is watching you b4 killing someone as a T because of the huge player count.
    I also like the idea of making it a test server, but yet again when is opal ever guna balance things ;)

14. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

+1.Low population servers are great for those players who prefer more silent gameplay(as less players talk and write in chat)and want to concentrate as much as possible(having around 27 people against you and possibility you injure/kill T buddies is just embarrasing,and lets not even talk about the number of ingame reports the mods need to handle.)But.....we should at least get at least 1 server for EU and 1 for America(at least)so players can have decent ping all the time.Additionally,small servers shouldnt be filled with afks,so how about a system that kicks people that are afk for more than 25 mins on that servers?There are many more things but this is for now.Also,saying this,those servers will need a bit smaller maps...only a little bit(a point should be striken that players arent too lonely,but players shouldnt feel like they are in a 36 player server where about everyone is around them.)

15. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Can we please bring in a low pop server and have more moments like this? Honestly its not possible with high amounts of players.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

+1
    but give me some robux plz

17. TLCFanboy

TLCFanboy (◕‿◕✿) VIP Bronze

I'm gonna have to give this idea a +1 definitely. Only since I've came to SGM I've played with such high player counts. Every other server I've played on has had 24 people max I believe.

It did give me more opportunity to ACTUALLY get to know people :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

Although Low Pop was sometimes very empty. It was honestly a really nice idea. It's not as hectic as the 36 player servers. It provides a more relaxed enviorment. I have some good memories from playing that server with some other regular players. It would be nice to bring it back and add some new maps to the rotation. I would love to see it come back (y)

+1

• Like Like x 1
  19. yrjosmiel73

yrjosmiel73 Member

+1 but I find 16-20 players better. 24 is close enough for me, though.

20. Carned

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1