Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kyül, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

Hello SGM!

As a few of you might know, Breaking Bad(BB) is my absolute favorite TV series of all time, and I believe it will stay that way. Everything about it , the Plot;Narration;Characters;Soundtrack, its all the perfect equation to me. And even thought I find BB to still be better than Better Call Saul(BCS), im loving BCS more than anything atm.

Im making this thread so that potential fans of Vince Gilligan´s creations may interact and discuss stuff about the series. Share your favorite moments, analysis of different scenarios or characters, theories and debates, or just discuss topics related to the series.

*Disclaimer* Potential Spoilers to both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul (still running).
    *Note* If you want to discuss the newest episodes of BCS, please be kind a put a short disclaimer, so that people dont get their series spoiled.

To start a bit of conversation, I want to add that I find the transformation of Walter White so sutil , yet so clear as time goes by. The series truly depicts how a quirky high school chemistry teacher, to the biggest badass meth kingpin there could be. The Evolution of not just his character but every single character is what makes the series so special for me.

Enjoy ;)

-Kyle

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

And now, for the actual discussion:

*Spoiler for BCS Season 3*

I find this first Episode of the 3rd season was very expressive and impressive. It wasnt action packed or thrilling, but instead relied heavily on tension, but keeping it extremely interesting.

From what I have spotted (episode two hasnt come out so I might be right or wrong) I believe we are going to see the first of Gus Fring and his right hand Victor, since it seems like the only possible candidate for placing the tracker in Mike´s car has to be gus for some kind of interest. The argument is, if it was Gus who stopped Mike from shooting Tuco´s cousins and Nacho in that desert, why would he do that?

I mean, from what we see in BB Gus and Hector hate each other to death, but we don´t know exactly why. Some of the events in BB explain how Gus has ruined Hector´s life, but they were rivals before that... My theory is that Gus and Hector are maybe working together distantly, and that at some point Gus will betray him and cause him to have the stroke / other attack that caused Hector´s disability. Explains why Gus would not want Mike to kill Hector´s closest men, but he wouldnt intervene himself directly and straight up kill Mike. And also why he would investigate and track him, to see what he´s messing with.

Now comes my question to you guys: Do you think this is a possibility?
    Feel free to quote the post with any response, counter argument, or support to the theory!