Blind Voting

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr. 7-Minute Wonder, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

It was mentioned a while ago deep in the comments of some thread I can't remember, possibly by @Opalium or @Carned that they felt we should have blind voting. I think it would be pretty good, but at the same time, don't allow people to hear other players until they have voted, and disallow revoting via !rtv once they have voted. (excluding of course once the map has changed)

Often times, people vote and there are an even amount of votes and the votes get swayed by which one they want more of the two. Or other times people only vote when they see there is a vote on a map they like, as they feel their vote is worthless if they don't vote for one of the front runners. (hello U.S. two party system) It would lead to possibly more maps that are uncommonly played, to be played.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah it'll fix the bandwagon problem map voting has but I don't see it happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I've brought this personally to Highwon a couple of times, sadly I don't think anything will be done about it. RTVing has been fixed so the map votes are usually more consistent/based on what people really want to play

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I dont even participate in map vote because every ttt map is the same to me.