Binoculars Upgrade

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Pokeben10, Mar 29, 2021.

?

DNA scanner binoculars?

1. YEA

84.2%
  2. NEA

15.8%
  1. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

In their current state, the binoculars kinda suck, and they're pretty much just a meme item. So what about an upgrade for them that adds a DNA scanner feature?

You can ID bodies and get their DNA from afar. The detective would still spawn with a DNA scanner like normal, but they would have the option to use a credit to buy the binoculars instead, a credit that could've been spent on a health station, UMP, etc. The price of the upgrade could vary depending on how OP/not OP we think it is.

edit: What about speed upgrades for the binoculars?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

I think that if we were to do this, we should make it so it takes time to ID the body, and then it takes time to collect the dna if you want, and put it on the DNA scanner

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

Something of the sorts; scanning for DNA right away might be a bit too good.

4. waffle

waffle VIP

Maybe make it make a noise or make it noticeable when a det does it to give the t's a chance to coverup tracks and put a target on the detectives back

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yellow

Yellow VIP

Fat -1 from me. The only reason people buy binoculairs is to wipe their ass and I think this should stay the same.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

id say +1 for the speed upgrade to id bodies and +/- on the upgrade to dna scan them, if we do both id say the dna scan part should be unaffected by the speed id upgrade

thread from 2017 and you last posted on it in 2018 dead thread smh encouraging mods to gravedig bad lead admin smh

8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

You can't gravedig a relevant suggestion.

I was posting it so the points made in it were taken into account ad well.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

While we are at it we need to increase the zoom on the binoculars.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

Speed upgrade to identify bodies faster sounds nice
    +1
    The DNA thing sounds pretty cool too

• Like Like x 1
  11. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

if dna scanner gets added make it that the detective get freezed for 3~4 seconds while scanning for dna and limit the range use of it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

+1

13. Azimuth

Azimuth VIP

+1. Although in my opinion, binoculars are not completely useless, as in maps with such as rooftops, binoculars can be used to identify bodies that cannot be reached.

14. RODSIN

RODSIN VIP

Why you always put a (minus 1) in all the posts excepts yours and the people who are your friends.
    You shouldn't keep the eye on your feelings or the best things for you, you should keep the eye on the rest of the people.
    For me an updrade of the binoculars is a +1

15. BobbyBobs

BobbyBobs VIP

Maybe reduce the scan speed of the binoculars if they can get DNA. I think it being able to scan at the regular interval would be too strong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Yellow

Yellow VIP

I -1 all posts I disagree with and just vote in the poll when I do agree with it.