Bind to hold chat open

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Rauno, Jul 22, 2019.

?

yes?

1. hell yeah

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. maybe if it didn't take that much effort

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. no this is useless

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

What?
    A bind that when held down keeps the chat open without the input area allowing you to keep moving. A fantastically simple quality of life change that would make playing TTT much better for everyone.

It would probably look something like this with the current chat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why?
    I don't know if other games have this feature but everyone that has ever played League of Legends will know how useful this feature is, and that game isn't even that dependant on movement when compared to TTT.

It will allow you to look for KOSes without standing still and being vulnerable.

(When?)
    Probably never considering it's likely a bitch to implement with the current default TTT chat without making your own from scratch and we don't have an active developer.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

I like this, althought not possible with the current default gmod chat system maybe it would be a fun thing for The Big Red Man to work on if he has the time?

just for the record it would need to be smaller in width and tucked away in the corner more, and a transparency slider in settings, along with a bind that shows and hides it

not too hard to make really its just the time that would need to go into making a new chat system or im sure theres ones out there already made that would allow for customisation on this level

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I can definitely see the appeal of such an addition.

I would absolutely utilize this if it were added.

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Yes please.
    Dazza had a good point too, needs to have a transparancy option and maybe a size option.
    +1

6. I often find myself tapping the chat key to see if someone said anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Pre sure @Hyper ✿ had something like this a while back. Makes chat bigger, shows more... not sure the specifics.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

+1 thisll let me ss chat without the risk of dying

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NDubs

NDubs VIP

Pretty much this. Scrolling for KOSes is pretty sketchy while standing still lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Would be very helpful considering the fact that I have to side strafe when looking for KOSes in the chat. +1

12. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Yeah but... how?

13. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

You’re still able to hold down W,A,S,D when the scoreboard is up, you just can’t physically turn your player model to look around you. The best thing I can do to avoid taking shots is side strafing.

14. Hashira

Hashira VIP

+1