Betting system on harpoon wars

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by form_dude, Sep 7, 2013.

1. form_dude

form_dude Member

There should be a betting system for harpoon wars and at the beginning you can bet on other players to win harpoon wars and if the person that you betted on won then you would get all of the bets for that round

2. Alex4921

Alex4921 VIP

3. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

I think you could do !bet (playername) (ammount) and then if you lost you lost that ammount, if you won you won the split points between others who betted on the same guy. And if a guy no one betted on won then no money will be given out. Just an idea.

4. drakonkiller

drakonkiller New Member

ya that's a good idea if u get second u get the same amount first get double and third u loose 50%

5. Alex4921

Alex4921 VIP

Trouble is with that system that it creates a black hole where money will vanish if you lose a bet,I think placing bets on a person then having another spectator/dead person 'take' your bet so money is exchanged between those two people rather then going to the server and vanishing.

6. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

This is how I think it should work

When you die on harpoon wars a menu pops up with all of the players names that are still alive, if you choose to bet you select a players name and next to it you type how much you want to bet and your bet goes into a pot, the people who betted on the person who won get the split pot ( the pot splits evenly) BUT if no one betts correctly the winner of the harpoon war gets all the money in the pot plus his 300 that he won.

7. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

This would work perfectly. But maybe make the bets preround so you wont bet when there are 2 people left? Or I dont know.

8. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

I still think you should bet after you die, but there should be a timer so like after you die you should get like 10 seconds to bet or you loose your chance because people would wait till the end to bet and that wouldn't be fair.

9. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

We NEED a betting system! We're making unofficial bets :p

10. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Betting system will be worked on after the new pointshop changes are implemented.

11. Zabiba

Zabiba VIP

I remember 1st starting to do bets with Acepoison. Now everyone just bets and doesn't pay.

12. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

People I deal with do pay, I pay them back thought :)