better warnings

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by zoroark720, Dec 20, 2017.

1. can we add rule about warn excly wear they are going to tose thing like nade like if they say back yard then throw a nade in the gerge they are not the same place

• Bad Spelling x 19
    • Confusing x 6
    • Friendly x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. What in the actual fk is this

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

+1 warnings should be location specific

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

translation:

• Informative x 6
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  5. Timo how did you even derive garage from gerge wtf

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Timo654

its like he spelled garage using "e" instead of "a" and forgot an "a" in the middle of the word

garage

• Confusing Confusing x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Xerp

Xerp VIP

+1,
    Usually, players just have a Traitor chat bind that says "Throwing incend, move away!" but they are not location specific. There is no radar in TTT, because of which the player's position is unknown and during these situations, it's not essentially a "warning".

• Confusing Confusing x 4
  8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

While I agree that a warning ideally should contain as much information as possible (e.g. fragging at tester) or similar, there are circumstances that make this hard to do in practice.

Primarily for text-based betas like myself.
    'cause typing out the full warning takes time in which you can't do much of anything else (e.g. move or shoot).
    For traitors, this is not a big issue since typically you're the one initiating, but it would still cause delay - in which a situation could change.
    But as inno if you're retaliating, you cannot warn with location, throw grenade, and expect the grenade to fulfill its function.

You can either give the detailed warn or throw a higher success rate grenade.
    Unless you're using a pre-bound key (e.g. fragging/throwing incend, etc., you know them), which is normally the case at the moment.

I personally don't use explosives often, smokes included I maybe average a grenade/map, and when I do throw one or jihad, I take the time to type out a warning with location (unless it's smoke).
    I think it's a courtesy you should extend when possible, rather than always using a bind.
    But if you're in a hurry, a generic warning is still better than no warning.
    Anywho.

TL;DR:
    I agree on principle though I don't see it working well in practice.
    I'd like it, but it'd be a ball and chain for many.
    So in the interest of better flow in gameplay, I can't support it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. I"m also asking for this because my t budy said back yard then throw an nade in the garage in stead with I had ran to to get out of the area he said he was tossing it. also I hate how people use keybing warn that say nade then they jahud instead our guass rife

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 7
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. I swear everytime I read his forum posts I have a stroke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Timo654

translation here:
    I tried my best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. I wonder how you type passwords.. or is it 1234

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

habibi don't betray me like this I always toss nades with non-specific warnings

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

I"m also asking for this because my t budy said back yard then throw an nade in the garage in stead with I had ran to to get out of the area he said he was tossing it. also I hate how people use keybing warn that say nade then they jahud instead our guass rife

========

I am also asking for this change because my T buddy said he was going to throw a nade in the backyard. However, he threw it in the garage instead. Unfortuanately, I had to run to get out of the area because I had no time, since he did not correctly call the location of his nade. I also hate when people use a 'move away im jihading' bind and then they use something else, like a gauss rifle.

Dangit I was too late. (I didnt see the other post)

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

We are here to give opinions on a suggestion, not to make fun of zoroark's spelling. Please try to remember the first forum rule. Moving forward, we aren't going to tolerate further attempts to belittle zoro based on his spelling. Keep it respectful.

as for the suggestion, i'm neutral on this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. It's his typing not his spelling? :confused:

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  17. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

Stfu already

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

While i support this in theory it is not fair to the keyboard warriors who do not have access to a headset or opt to not use one in game. I can not support the overall idea but what i would like to see is the banishment of "Fragging/Jihadding/Gauss rifle/c4/deathstation" type warnings as they do not give t buddys a fair chance to guage the threat to their life. Along with this i would like to see a timing before said act takes place not just warning as the act is commited. On top of that some rdm manager friendly binds that show up when a T is warning. Just my thoughts.

19. As the person this is about. Let me make something clear lol, yes I said backyard but the garage is in the backyard. If the grenade happened to bounce/roll in there That's not on me. Stay clear of the backyard until you hear the boom. I gave a clear warning

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  20. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

do you even english bro

• Dumb Dumb x 1