better server to staff distribution

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Syv, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Syv

Syv Member

there are enough active staff to moderate all servers needed

the staff need to make sure to spread out better between servers.

in my experience it isnt uncommon to see 3 staff on one serevr with like 30 people on it but with a 12 person server there would be no mod.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

there aren't, really. the majority of staff have less than 20 hours of GMod activity per week, and when these mods do play, they tend to lean towards populated servers (more players, more reports), unless asked specifically in shoutbox

it's hard enough to get one staff on the server, let alone 3

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Syv

Syv Member

a couple of days ago i was 4 staff on the most populated server and 1 mod on the lesser populated server

4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Even a fully populated server should only need one mod, so it shouldn't really matter how they are split up so long as there is at least one mod on the servers that need them

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grumble

Grumble VIP

No Mods
    No Rules

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

except snitchers

7. Mods
    = Rules

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Ban the snitches

9. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

No mods no rules.

Anyone wanna deny this as its constantly talked about?

10. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Even when staff had a minimum of 20 hours (now they are on 15) and more staff in total. These times only count for mods since admins and higher have side quests to follow that nobody knows about.
    This has been a problem from the start. The only solution is if we pay the mods to moderate the server from specific timeframe to timeframe so that no server would be without a mod (outside a bathroom brake). Bad part of this is that we need to pay around 30+ people a 40 hour work-week across multiple countries (which is unpossible for highwon himself to do this and requires a army of lawyers).

So for the time being use your communication skills and pm a mod if you see 3 on a populated server yourself since they do not always see a mod leave a underpopulated server or hear the spam that mrserious does to get a mod (which is muted on most mods or ignored unless they "go" online).
    Or be like me and if you realllly need one, just go on that server and ask in admin chat for one to join the other server. If they remain on that server for 30+ minutes report them i guess...