Better late than never.

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Teroxa, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Some of y'all are probably pretty happy about this. Some might not be - Either way, no hard feelings.
    SGM is a great place, but it's just not for me anymore.

So what happened?
    It's been difficult for me to keep up with everything that happened. I'm incredibly out of the loop.
    I've been loosing motivation slowly but steadily for quite a while now. Working with @Highwon and the others was definitely part of my best time ever on SGM and I'm very grateful for the opportunity. But it was also stressful at times. I'm really grateful for @Pacifist's and @lil pumpkin 's help. But it was probably already too late at that time. I just wanted to get some stuff done and then leave. But that never happened. As for why - I can't really explain it. I just couldn't get myself to do it. I had other things in life to focus on. At some point, SGM was simply not a part of my life anymore. It was not more than a thought in the back of my head that I still needed to attend to, but that was very unpleasant when thinking about. Around the end, my time here just felt more negative than anything else, so I moved on. That's not anyone's fault, it's just how things are.

I admit, I should have stepped down a lot sooner.
    But at some point I got so detached from this whole thing, I couldn't even do that anymore. Apologies for that.

Some people that have been in a similar position in the past may understand, some may not.
    If you understand, thank you. If you hate me now, that's fine too. Just keep in mind that this is a gaming community and there's really a lot more in life you need to focus on. If that doesn't help, then hate me. It's fine.
    I could explain a lot more, but most people probably already made up their mind.
    I'm sorry for how things went down, I didn't intend for it to go this way.

I probably won't be returning any time soon. I don't play gmod anymore, and I don't want to participate in this community for now. If anyone wants to play any other games some time, hmu. But I don't spend much time on gaming anymore.

No tags. The people I care about know that I do - that hasn't changed. You guys are cool. Stay that way.
    - Over and out.

• Friendly Friendly x 18
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

You a good boy boye x

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hey Teroxa,

Good on you for making a post explaining things. Good on you for helping when you did.

As someone that got into the same shoes you did at the same time, I can say that I get it. Things were difficult when we started and we really tried our best to work through it. I guess the only thing that I did different from you was realize that sooner rather than later.

You're not the first lead to do what you did amd you won't be the last.

Take care and enjoy things.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

F

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Teroxa

Thanks, Mango. I guess you're right.
    You're great and it was a pleasure working with you.

Keep doing what you're doing. All the best to you.

6. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

I missed you on the list ages ago, saw that silent resign.

I hope to see you make a return when things have settled down and you find back your interest.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Never really knew you or talked with you, but you did seem like a good lead, take care matey.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Teroxa

You're great Ted. And you'll stay on my profile for ever. (Thanks for VIP again btw)
    I'm not sure if I'll come back. I got other things to focus on rn. We'll see what the future brings.

As for the silent resignation - I'm a ninja.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Teroxa

Thanks man. Like the new profile pic btw.

10. ye, thanks;););)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

take care and keep in touch teroxa, you are now and still will be missed

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Prisma

Prisma That one person who doesn't do a thing. VIP Bronze

I give hug.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Bless up

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

Writing this post must have taken a load off your mind then! Take care.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

I wish you luck for your future. Thanks again for gifting me The Witcher - that's pretty much the only thing that comes to my mind after reading this. We never really got to know each other, but you were nice to me whenever we talked. Peace.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

You gave me my first hacking ban :eek::love:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Teroxa

Indeed. A weight off my shoulders.
    Thanks, dani.

Great game. Hope you enjoyed it!
    Cya around, amigo.

Hey, we don't talk about that thing that happened totally on accident :whistle:

We'll stay in touch. Take care, Irish. You're great.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

I guess this is a final goodbye for now. Take care, and glad to see this thread made as an explanation, and also to let me have my sigh of relief after all the worries regarding the resignation. Alas, we are both retirees, even if my retiring involved a lot more throwing my chair around the room until I calmed down sufficiently and considering throwing my laptop out the window because I never even wanted to resign and had it forced on me by my hardware(for the second time too).

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

We were good mod buddies at one point. I even helped you get admin before the shutdown was announced last year, and for the most part, I think you were an excellent admin.

Then you got lead and things changed for the worse between us, probably mostly because of me being a little hostile due to what occurred. Even after that, the report happened which brought some things to light and when action wasn't taken enough, I grew bitter and attempted to remove SGM from my life entirely. Hell, I even avoided going to you for my unban request because I was being so petty.

What I'm trying to say is, I was a dick, and I'd like to publicly apologize. We both made mistakes, and it seems we both acknowledge it. All I want is forgiveness. Good luck on your future endeavors, and know that the efforts you actually made did help SGM in the end.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

it was nice having you around, i hope you didnt take things personally :)
    if you got cod mw we could play together next week

• Dumb Dumb x 1