Better late than never.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alisae, May 8, 2017.

1. Alisae

Alisae VIP Silver

I have no idea how to start this so I'll just wing it, try to keep it short and hope I'm an idiot for thinking people would hate me due to this.

Most of you know me as Alisae and from my, short, time as mod. What was not publicly known is that I am transgender (Male to Female).

The reason I've kept it hidden publicly is because I saw how for example @Alice Lumenia and @Staples were treated by some people (mostly players). Especially during the times that Alice trained me on the West and East servers; I won't quote the comments for obvious reasons but you probably know what I'm referring to.

I was afraid that since I was not a moderator of the same caliber (I was a pretty shit one lol, just had a lot of hours), I would have a hard time getting people to respect me instead of getting stuck up on the fact that my voice and appearance do not fully match my perceived gender.

I know it was bad of me to keep this hidden and even though I never really went out of my way to get people to refer to me as a girl, apart from the username, I still feel I should have said it straight away.

Probably should include that this doesn't change the way I "should" be addressed. If you're more comfortable with calling me a him, go ahead. I won't like hearing it but I'd rather have others are comfortable since I don't want to force others to say things they do not agree with.

I hope this changes nothing between us though I understand if it does.

• Winner x 19
    • Friendly x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

I think I remember seeing you a few times in the past, but I never really got to know you. It's nice to meet someone else sort of like me. (Idk how to end this so I just will)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

• Member was warned for inappropriate behavior.
    It's not what you have between your legs, it's how you act. Alice was an asshole and was therefore treated like one

You're cool, and I respect that you let others call you "him" without getting triggered. As such, I'll use feminine pronouns for you.

Glad to have you around

• Agree x 7
    • Funny x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  5. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Hey, I've met you plenty on the shoutbox and you seem pretty nice. Welcome back!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

Nobody here will judge you, I guess that's a good time to come back. We have lot's of people here that will support you if you need it (Serious Talks thread, make sure to check it out) and of course any friend on here!
    Also you'll always be Ali the u_u girl.
    (and of course Cinnamon best girl, coco = trash)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] MFW [​IMG] [​IMG] my girl ALI [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] come out with the [​IMG] [​IMG] VOICE [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] REVEAL [​IMG] [​IMG] fire mixtape [​IMG] [​IMG] let's all :drool: together [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

I have no problems with a transgender (no one should, we're still people.) Though some people will treat someone like an asshole because you know...they're an asshole (just like Python mentioned.) Glad to see you come back and hopefully see you on the same server again.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. .shirt

.shirt VIP

I've seen you on the forums(a lot) So dont care about what other people say about you, just be the person you can be!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

Welcome, i think that i can say confidently that i'm not a hater of anyone no matter who you are. That being said people who use their "unique" qualities as a crutch to me seems unnecessary, but in this case you seem extremely proud which that's more power to you. I hope to see you around!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Hey, Alisae. I've not known you for a long time (only got some interactions with you when you came back from a long hiatus) but you seem pretty nice. The world is a scary place, and some people will treat you negatively. By having the courage of sharing to this to us, you have my utmost respect.

Welcome back, and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Ahahahaha. I forgot to make mine for the free ratings too. smh.

• Friendly x 5
    • Dumb x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  12. Darth Gorgamel

Darth Gorgamel A Dark Lord of the Sith VIP Emerald

Hey wb I remember back when you were Mod and you still seem pretty cool too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Well that is one hell of an introduction right there.

Who you are shouldn't affect the way people think of you so its great to see that you are open about it. The fact that you came out with that shows how bold you are and how accepting you are of it. Don't let that change.

Also sorry for the permanent mark on you. I mean the supporter looks good. If you've got any questions just hmu here or on steam, ill always try to answer.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

Well, pretty much as everyone else said above.

Welcome back to sgm and I have a feeling I have saw you a few times in the past. You just be yourself and avoid the negative criticism players have to say about you. From your returning introduction, it seems that no problems should happen as long as it's pretty mellow and nothing impetuous is presented.

Although I don't have much memory about you, it's always pleasant to have people around that actually care about the community instead of bringing a toxic atmosphere to SGM. Enjoy your stay once more (until you leave on a hiatus or suddenly disappear, hue hue hue).

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I am kind of neutral on peoples gender preferences/denominations im not entirely ok with it but it's your thing I mean do whatever you want really, apart from that welcome back to the sgm community?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Welcome back. Honestly, I don't really care what you perceive as and what not so you don't have to worry about me. Some people might give shit about it, but I wouldn't worry too much about them. Just be whoever you are, and nothing can change that.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

You weren't wrong for wanting comfort.

Take care.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Nice to see you again.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Well... I'm afraid that this does change things between us.
    I now have no choice but to respect you for your courage (and honesty) in showing others who you are.

We haven't talked much but we have talked some. Ya seem like a cool person to me so I'll treat ya as such :3

See you around o/

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Hello! I am afraid that i dont really know you, but i just have to comment and say that what you said there was both incredibly brave and takes both strength and courage, well done :) Hope to see you ingame soon

• Friendly Friendly x 1