Denied Benjideaula's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Benjideaula, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjideaula

Benjideaula New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Benjideaula
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:39098401
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned because of very bad timing, I had an autoslay pending and the server crashed, when I tried to reconnect, I found that the server automatically banned me for two weeks because the server crashed while I had a pending autoslay. This was not an intentional disconnect due to the nature of crashes and so I would like to be unbanned so I can serve my actual deserved sentence.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    The nature of a crash is the evidence.​

2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

The great ted has seen this. Though I am currently at work i can't help you untill i get home.
    But the nature of your appeal sounds to me that your appealing your second ban by olivia as the server i was on never crashed. Will post your details non the less.

4. olivia

olivia queen of dankness VIP

When I banned you earlier today, the server had not crashed. I was a T and I was off on the side trying to prop surf when you walked up and started shooting me for no reason. I went to the logs and attempted to report you, but you had left the server.

Here is a screenshot I took of the logs: https://imgur.com/a/dJ9vM

And here is a screenshot of you leaving the server: https://imgur.com/a/7zyml

I will wait for @Tedelicious to post the evidence for his ban.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  5. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Hey there @Benjideaula,

I just got home from work and collected my evidence of your ban.

Here is the report itself::https://i.imgur.com/ILFeCJf.jpg
    Here is you leaving the server while slain whilst I was online: https://i.imgur.com/AgFsnBw.jpg

If you did crash on your own, then I ask you for a screenshot of that crash, which can be located here; D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GarrysMod
    The file will look a bit like this: hl_3245474_crash_dateofcrash (but then a personal crash report)

Regards,

Ted

6. Benjideaula

Benjideaula New Member

I've taken a look at the two maps that these bans were on, I wasnt on either of those maps when the crash happened. And unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of the crash because I did not think I would need it because I didn't think I'd be banned for crashing.
    Also, I assumed that AFTER you have already been slain you're free to go. Getting punished for leaving after you've been punished makes no sense.

7. olivia

If it was your game that crashed (because neither mine nor @Tedelicious’s bans involved the server crashing), then you can still find proof of that happening in files on your computer, as stated in Ted’s response above.

Also, to clarify, when you are slain, you are to stay the entire round until the slay is over, when the little banner at the top of your screen with red lettering disappears. If you’re still unsure as to whether you can leave, it’s helpful to check in with the staff that’s currently on the server to make sure you aren’t evading punishment for RDM.

You have been playing on these servers since 2014, so I’m not entirely convinced you weren’t aware of how slays/RDM work on our servers. You also have quite some history of RDM and leave. Unless you can provide proof that your game crashed, I will not be accepting your appeal as it pertains to the ban I issued you.

8. olivia

I'm denying this appeal. If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to start a conversation with me here on the forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.