Before you came to SGM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indy226, Apr 29, 2020.

1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

For what?

2. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

none

i just sat in an endless void with nothing to keep me company but my own thoughts

miss it tbh

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Oh shit I played sG back in 2016-2017. I think my name was Megapixels at the time. Glad to see some fellow refugees.

4. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Knowing Hongo and his reputation here on SGM, I'm going to guess that he was probably permabanned for Harassment and/or Mass RDM.

5. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

CORRECT! I wanted to see if he'd BS me and he probably would, but he's also banned.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Funny enough, four years ago when Tier2 gaming was still a thing I met @Tayco (at the time "DatsATaco") . Somehow we've re met here.

7. Tayco

Tayco Member

Yeah, a long ass time ago but that shit server was kinda fun lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Moderator for a year on the Cube Jailbreak in like 2014-2015. Then some deathrun server, and then this deathrun server. Then another jailbreak server which I forgot the name of.
    This is the longest I've been with a community tho.

9. RB1008

RB1008 VIP

It was i believe in 2005 i started playing online games. Was in the last grade of elementary school and was introduced to CS 1.6. Played a lot of different mmo-rpg games after that but never 1 specific.

Started playing L4D2 in 2011, joined a TTT-server on there. Basicly same idea of Gmod TTT but everyone is human but when u become T u can turn into a 'Hunter' at any moment and kill others faster but ur also killed faster. This server had a core of 30-40 players who played daily with me for about 6 years until 2017. After that people (including me) just grew up and had less time etc. Still have a lot of players connected on facebook and stuff but the server itself has been empty. Also was caused due to the introduction of Bots to try to fill the server. Turned out badly.

In search of another likewise game i bought Gmod and basicly played on SGM only ever since.

10. Chicken Nugget

Chicken Nugget Banned VIP+

i didnt really have a community this is my first

11. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

I started off at Moat for a few monthes then took a break which I spent on playing other stuff like Warframe, Swtor, and Terraria then played at crescent for a few days before I landed here.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

I started out playing TTT on the defunct Skyz Gaming in 2015 (where I first met @JesstheMess - love ya sister!) where I got Helper. I then briefly left Skyz when their Super Admin Valid started being an absolute douchcanoe in either late 2016 or early 2017.

I joined Tartz TTT/Cafe Tartz for a month and a half until it died, then bopped over to Ignition Gaming until it also died about a month later, gaining Tmod experience on both.

I then rejoined Skyz when I learned that things had settled down, and got a 2nd Helper period in 2018. Then the owner (Skyz) took on a girlfriend (Kassi) who we all told him was no good and her toxicity (to include using hacks on the TTT server) ran the community into the ground. (Ironically both are currently permabanned here)

Once that happened, I jumped over to BrownTown Gaming back when it had 2 servers, and gained donator mod status. However, one of their owners (called Scoopers) and I got into a disagreement which led to me leaving for SGM in I think May of last year.

And that's how I came to be here at SGM.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

Before I came here I used to play on a ttt server hosted by the Youtuber Teo. it shut down for some reason I don't know why and then in December 2013 I found STTT, Sgmod's old name and somehow I'm still here :)

14. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

MOAT?? BANNED!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

LOOK, WHEN I PRESSED THE TTT TAB IT WAS SHOWERED WITH MOAT SERVERS, LIKE HOW TF DO THEY HAVE THAT MANY

16. Hongo

Hongo VIP

So I killed 3 people in crossfire cuz it was on the og whitehouse map in a hallway, and an admin typed !ban hongo with no timestamp and yeah I've never been unbanned.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Hongo

Hongo VIP

So, real shit, MOAT is a money laundering group which uses the income from donations / shop purchases on their server to make their contraband racket money look legitimate to the IRS. They bought a bunch of servers with the cash and have been using them as income for taxes since

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Aleph

Aleph VIP

I played on this server called FG but it was always dead. Then I found this server and haven't played on another one for years.

19. Lady Cloudia

Lady Cloudia VIP Silver

There used to be a certain server I used to play on that was brony before I played on SGM.

It shut down due to low player counts so I played on here.

That was in 2013.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  20. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Void is actually still alive apparently :/. Kinda surprised me bc all the staff was kinda bad and barely ever reached player counts of 20