Before you came to SGM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indy226, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Dapper Cracker

Dapper Cracker Silver Supporter

sadly i was at moat before it got very shitty and i also got wiped after i became like the wealthiest on the server for collapsing the economy. before that i was on lenny face gaming.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

SGM or rather STTT what it was called before the name change is the first community I joined.
    I joined somewhere in dec 2013 and I'm still here :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

420 Servers was one of the largest communities back in Gmod's peak when I started playing around 2012, I was a mod and then admin there.

4-5 fully packed TTT servers every day, along with several custom gamemodes made by the owner Tropical Trail Mix
    we had a hungergames server, but what really stood out was our Attack on Titan and CityWars servers, of which we had 2 full each

God I miss CityWars. Think DarkRP without the roleplay, and with the raids and basebuilding of Rust.

It died off due to just being around for like 6-7 years. The playerbase grew up or moved on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

Finest gaming (TTT) rip 2015-2017
    Homebrew (TTT) also rip 2017
    SGM 2019-now

• Like Like x 2
  5. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Some no rules servers lol (2015 - 2016)
    24/7 sG | TTT Vanilla - Syndicate Gamers (26.12.2016 - 2018)

Apparently sG TTT is dead. Just checked their website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

Clever ploy to get people banned for Advertisement Indy, but I shall not fall for your deception so easily. I infact did not exist before SGM I was simply an entity in the endless void with no meaning.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

i played another community with a strange name looking back, but it was really fun. i applied for tmod just before it went to hell. the severs started loosing pop and tbf i believe the owner ran out of money and couldn’t afford to host anymore. it’s since made a small comeback through discord and gmod however the servers never stay on for more than a few weeks without issues, and everything was reset

8. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

Is it advertising if the server is dead? pls not another advertising ban:cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

Lenny Face Gaming 2016-2019 but sadly it became overly toxic and the owner had a vendetta against his developer/lead admin and went after all the people who supported him

10. JynxtheMynx

JynxtheMynx So i’m sitting there, bbq sauce on my tiddies VIP

My last community before sgm was Skyz gaming and NWA. I loved skyz but it got shut down a long time ago. NWA also got shut down. I wasn’t on gmod for about 2 or 3 years after they both got shut down. Then i found SGM, and now i’m here with all u nerds. I’ve made some create friends and some enemies but that’s just apart playing with any community uwu.

11. Wendy

Wendy Chaotic VIP

I used to be in squeaker cult, that despised grown ups and prayed regularly and put curses upon them. Me and some other kid are the only survivors, the others were killed in action or used as blood sacrifices. I still get some flashbacks, we were so strong... yet so weak. It was a great community, get laughs had weekly sacrifices, I remember once we sacrificed a priest on a skype call, he was a sex offender so nw.

Blood squeaks forever!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Supernova: 2014-2016 owners were charging reoccurring payments to donators when they only signed up for one time payments
    JCraft: 2016-2018
    Deadlock: 2018-2019
    overall the communities broke down and there was really just a lot of distrust for the owners in each of them. They were fun while they lasted

13. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

Divinity Role Play. DarkRP. What happened to it? I was a mega nigger like I am currently but much more tactful. I befriended the staff and minges and brought them together for a community meeting that left with one of the Owners having a mental breakdown. Soon afterwards I made a couple staff start a mutiny against a owner which led to my community ban and their demotions. The server died a couple of months later.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

I'm glad to see a fellow player from that community. Because I did play on it's predecessor D3Vine Roleplay before the community split up with one side being absorbed by SuperiorServers while Divinity Roleplay was born on another. I was disappointed that it died but a few staff members set up a similar DarkRP server with Typhon Networks that I played on for a while until it was shut down due to some issues there. What little I've managed find out is that afterwards everyone went to SuperiorServers and I've only recently started playing there.

Anywho, I was a player on the following communities before they died:
    -Best Serious RP/State Of Roleplay: Best Serious RP was the first DarkRP community I played with for a while until it died. Afterwards it was revived under the name State Of Roleplay but sadly it didn't live very long. One thing of note is that the streamer VyseM4H was a member before the community died.
    -Noobonic Plague: A very old Garry's Mod DarkRP server community that had some really neat features. It was revived at least once more before it finally died. Though apparently a independent group has revived it under the name Noobonic Redux but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet to be honest.
    -NoxiousNet: A community where the dev branches of the Zombie Survival, Retro Teamplay, and Extreme Football Throwdown gamemodes were once developed. It was also infamous for it's toxic player base and community before it died. The remnants of that community and the developers of at least two of the aforementioned gamemodes have created a new one by the name of SunRust.
    -D3Vine Roleplay: The predecessor of Divinity Roleplay before it split up, part of it was absorbed by SuperiorServers which is still active.
    -No Nerds Just Geeks/NNJG: I didn't really play on this community that long to be honest, I mainly did so for it's TTT server before it went down at which I point I just left. I'm not sure if this community has died or not to be honest.

15. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

I used to be in a cs source community called Alcatraz Reloaded. It was a jailbreak community and we used to have deathrun and bhop servers but the community died when drama happened and majority of cs source players were migrating to csgo. Great memories on that community.

16. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

I was apart of a community called compactgamers [cG]. It wasn't technically the first server I ever played but its the only community I ever stuck, too. They had a lot of great gamemodes. Murder, TTT, prophunt, deathrun, bhop, surf. It was a very nice community. I was there for a LOOOONG time. Even became staff and stuff. Murder was my first gamemode, used to be my favorite. The owner added a bunch of new stuff though and it got lame so I moved to TTT and thats what I've been playing since. I played ph and dr a little here and there but mostly just TTT. Eventually I got busy with finishing up high school and becoming and adult officially so I stopped playing as much and next thing I know the owner is like "yeah im done with this game" and it died :/ It sucked. It wasn't surprising though. He started adding a ton of different stuff that the community didn't like and when people made reccomendations for stuff we did like it got ignored so people slowly stopped playing. It was very different there. I will say I like their rules and stuff a lot more. As an old staff member I know all of their rules by heart so it is a change of scenery so to speak to see what things you guys let slide and what you dont. It takes some getting used to.
    With quarantine going on I have a lot of free time so my old [cG] buds recommended your server as the best TTT server left so here I am.

There was a time I joined potatogamers [pG] but mainly to see what all the hate was between [cG] and [pG]. Also they had a minecraft server as well so that was a bonus. People might know me from there as vampirecat. I never really played their garry's mod servers because I liked [cG] better but I hung out on the forums. I don't know what happened to [pG] but I haven't been on it in forever. Im sure its dead

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. food

food VIP

oh so that's what PG is

18. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Hey, I also played potatoes. Isn't it still around?

19. Hongo

Hongo VIP

i used to play dinklebergs TTT until i got permabanned

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

I used to play sG, or Dinklebergs, back in 2016-2017 I believe, along with just random servers, whatever was populated.
    I played mostly Skyz TTT in 2017-2018ish I think, which was amazing. I ended up quitting maybe after 6 months of playing on there when I got bored of the Owner and his girlfriend hacking and abusing every match (you literally couldn't play if they were online), and found SGM. I've been here since.