Before you came to SGM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Indy226, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

What was your communities before you came to SGM, and what happened to those communities?

• Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

Forgotten Soldiers, but it died because the administration was really bad and they needed to redo the entire TTT server. They never got around to it so I'm here now

• Like Like x 1
  3. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Starting playing Serious TTT and High Standard Gaming TTT around the same time, but HSG just sorta disappeared and this became my main.

Been playin TTT on sgm since I was a wee lad

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

idk I fucked around a decent bit on some specific Arma2 gang war & life servers if that counts
    don't remember the names of the ttt communities, fullforce maybe? psure they've been dead since 2014 or so

5. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Played a little bit on multiple TTT servers (including this one and syndicate gaming) back in 2016, but I never really became part of the community. Then I started playing on a darkRP server called SinfulRP, worked my way up to Lead Admin, quit after a year and a half, and didnt play gmod for a while.

6. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Whew, I started Garry's Mod in 2014, I used to play on a community that was Minecraft maps only, then they switched to different maps, and I did not know about CSS textures then.

I found another community called [cG] and started my TTT life there, lowgrav TTT, and was slightly modded, at the time all the maps they had were MC City, b5 and Dolls. Eventually I applied for admin (ranks then were just admin and staff[lead admin here]) and got accepted. I eventually climbed the ranks, met awesome people and a group of friends I'll never forget, and hope to this day they're all happy. They opened up more servers, they opened in order, prop hunt, deathrun, bunny hop, jailbreak, zombie survival, and later on surf. I climbed the ranks, went from admin to advisor and basically managed the staff team. The owner liked me we named the community (cuz cG never had a name until we settled with Compact Gamers lmfao), but never made me achieve the rank I wanted, I wanted to become administration manager, officially take care of all reports, appeals, applications, and the power to revoke and demote staff. Eventually I was peer pressured to leave, in a bad time of my life, so I left in late 2015. Played on a community called Potato Gamers, played there for a year or two, and became a mod later in it's life. In 2017 I was introduced to SGM by @Sleepy never really took to the community at the time as the staff team were full of simps and cliques ruled. In 2018 I returned to cG and eventually reapplied and was accepted back into mod. Hung out there until it died in 2019 and came back here.
    Here I am now, and I'm now a mod.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

Ive been around quite a lot. I first joined SGM on 2015, this account is 5 years old. But i left gmod for a good 4 or so years, so theres that.

I dont remember many of the communities, but i do remember compactgamers and LennyFaceGaming (community i moderated for like a year and a half). I was also a mod on another community but i just cant remember its name for the life of me.

Also i was a regular on various deathrun, bhop, surf, zombie survival, and prophunt servers. Most on LFG since it had servers for all.

8. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I used to play dark rp on void (think it died) and murder on potato (still alive). 2017 was a wild time

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

some minecraft community lol idk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Indy226

TKZ build to kill ( sandbox ) - for about four years but I am now perma banned because of the overly strict rules [ it's basically dead ]
    DogeGaming ( TTT ) - for about five weeks until I quit playing gmod [ it shutdown ]
    Tier2Gamging ( TTT ) - for about two years [ it shutdown ]
    BrowntownGaming ( TTT ) - for about a year [ it shutdown and then was re opened { currently admins are really abusive and stupid } ]
    Dinkleberg ( TTT ) - basically the back up server for whenever I was banned on SGM [ quite active and friendly people ]
    SG ( Prophunt ) - for about two weeks but i am perma banned [ it's dead kinda { admins ban for littlest reasons } ] < -----------------------------NEVER PLAY HERE
    SG ( TTT ) - basically just for me to rdm whenever, currently banned for 1942 days for mass rdm x9 [ quite active ] <-----------------------------NEVER PLAY HERE
    SGM ( TTT ) - currently my main server [ quite active ] <-------------------------------------------PLAY HERE

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Credence

Credence Demon Lord VIP

Here's a trimmed version of my staff history before sgm, I'm missing a few communities, mainly renames of some of the others.

Former Administrator for Aurora TTT(2nd reincarnation of it).

Former Infrastructure Officer for Red Networks

Former Forums Infrastructure Officer for Astronomy Networks

Former Director for Last Bastion Guess Who

Former Head Administrator for Last Bastion TTT, Moderator for Aurora TTT (1st)

Former Admin for Last Bastion PropHunt

I was also discord manager (i think) for geetsly's cwrp server for like, a week before I quit.

Edit: All of these servers are dead now, except for geetsly's.

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Keyhole International. Played a lot of Arma 2 Wasteland on their servers and got to know quite a few people there; wasn't even MangoTango then.

Anyway, the most involved server I've been in has been SGM, but I am one of the leads of another Destiny 2 community.

13. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

I have only ever played on one other GMod server, and I only played on there for <30 minutes.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  14. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Got Gmod in like 2015 in humble bundle coz my friends say prop hunt was fun so I found compactgamers for prop hunt and played for a month or 2 but was never active in the community.

Saw a random TTT vid on YouTube a year later and found SGM on 2016.

15. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Creepy's Villa in 2013 -> August of 2015 (Shut down; Owner was heading off to college). Still talk to these buds, and right now we're doing a community karaoke video right now. Great community, loved all the members
    Serious GMod 2014 -> Now (Was banned for Creepy's since I apparently harassed someone too much by telling them to go fuck themselves whenever they killed me. Got myself like a 1 month cooldown so I hopped to SGM)

16. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

This was literally the first community I tried, and it's been a fun ride.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

man fuck the past were here now arent we lets live in the moment and say how great we need to make the future for our kids and our grandkids man fuck them kids bro them kids aint getting shit from me deadass

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I was head admin on an scp rp server that died because the owner never updated it and decided to translate only half the content from French to English

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Indy226

learn french then smh

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

It was gaming light darkrp, it was a fun darkrp Server but it just closed and I went over to serious gmod :)