Be able to close the report against you alert.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Giraffe, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Giraffe

Giraffe We take the small victories VIP Silver Emerald

What I'm referring to:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Multiple times I have played on the server and have received a report when no staff are online.
    And multiple times I've had to stick with this message on my screen for a couple maps before staff jumps on.
    Sometimes for the whole duration of my game play I have the warning on screen.
    There should be a little x somewhere that allows you to close these off of your screen.
    After a while it kinda just becomes an nuisance more than anything else.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
  2. Predated

Predated VIP

+1.

3. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

+1 this is very annoying, maybe you should be able to minimize it to just an exclamation mark

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

+1 #3

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. The Cuddle Team Leader

The Cuddle Team Leader Banned Elite

+1 so fucking annoying

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Burning heretics since M31 VIP

-1 I am afraid this would lead to an uptick in appeals where players will claim that they thought their report was closed thanks to no message when they either forgot or accidentally closed it. Only way I could see this working is if it forces you to acknowledge that you are closing the message and still potentially on the hook for rdm as well as a recommendation to ask in admin chat if you are good to leave or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Predated

Predated VIP

That's a simple fix, just code a hook that can track if they closed it or not. And when they did, then make it two messages, the first one being the one above, then the second saying the acknowledge that they are closing the warning, and can't use the excuse mentioned above.

• Winner x 2
    • Confusing x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. Falcor

I dont understand how someone could claim accidentally clicking a tiny x in the corner of the message, especially when youd probably have to hold tab to get to use your cursor. Or wait until a time during the game you can use it.

Additional idea, why not have the Big red message pop up once a mod touches/marks your report in progress.
    instead of every report you get, when a lot of the time there arent staff for a few maps, let alone hours.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

-1 to this idea, for the reasons Bubonic said above. Some reports can take a while, especially when we are training trials. if people could just x out the reminder, then it would be very easy for them to forget about it, where now people will always have the thing, so that excuse doesnt work.

However, I do see a solution to this. Rather than letting people have the ability to close it out on will, just have the pop-up not be there if there are no staff online to handle the reports. Since we do not ban if we were not on at the time of the leave, there is no point in it being there while no staff are on. And as soon as a staff member connects, the message can appear, and maybe even a sound cue play to alert people that a staff is online now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

because people will leave because they forgot about their report

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Predated

Predated VIP

Again, my message still stands. There is a simple fix to this solution that solves all ya'lls concern so everyone chill.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

-1 It’s there for a reason.

If it was implemented and you get banned for it because you forget it was there you shouldn’t get an appeal because it becomes YOUR responsibility to keep track of it not theirs.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ekksdee

ekksdee wrath VIP Bronze

If there was some rampant new disease that made me forget something the instant I x'd out of it then I would x out of this post without any hesitation due to the flawed argument that people will forget about their reports /s

Memes aside, I can understand the argument that people will forget but as Crowned and possibly others have stated, it's the responsibility of the reported player to make sure that they can leave. Surely you should read the warning on the top of your screen before closing it out as that is possibly the most logical thing you could do. I think the suggestion is fair and could/should get implemented, most players surprisingly don't hold the same intelligence as a rock and will remember to ask a simple "Can I leave" before leaving if they did happen to close out of a report.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Falcor

If there isnt staff on why would it matter if they left while reported? Your remark would only be an issue if staff are failing to mark reports in progress while on the servers.

15. Stitch

Stitch Forever the friendly blue alien koala VIP

If this would be implemented it should definitely put like an exclamation mark or smaller box in right/left upper corner, this way you can close it but still see if the report is being handled. That could clear out a lot of confusion because if you just make the box disappear, some people might forget about it and leave. Some might also not notice the report being closed if there is no other indicators that it’s still in progress.

+1 if we get a smaller indicator after closing it showing that the report is still open.

• Like Like x 1
  16. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Or if staff are alive and unable to open the RDM manager to set it into progress, and since the box disappeared after they answered the report, they would think they are free to leave. Or if trials are on, and they are still new and forget to put one in progress for a round or so.

Its a good idea in theory Falcor, but reports arent instantly set in progress, so that leaves downtime where there would be nothing on someones screen, and new players would think they are free to go, leading to more unnecessary bans.

17. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Generally y'all seem annoyed with having that big bad boy at the top of your screen.

Perhaps, rather than close it altogether, allow people to click it and it'll be minimized to just the exclamation mark?
    Takes up less screen space while still leaving an indication to help the people who are forgetful (y)

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

I've grown immune to this warning over time, I don't even notice it on my screen anymore and it doesn't bother me at all.

But for the people that haven't, +1, make it minimizable or closable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Hell, even being able to minimize ti where it would be a little red 'X' on your screen would be nice.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

I've been wanting this changed since it was introduced. The message is intrusive and bothersome, particularly when there are no staff online and you are left with a pointless block of text saying you can't leave or you'll be banned, which is inaccurate and misleading. It has needed a revamp for a long while now.
    +1

• Agree Agree x 3