Battlefield

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DocFox, May 6, 2016.

1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Battlefield Friends,

I am sure most of you have heard the news of DICE releasing the trailer for their newest installment into the Battlefield franchise and wow, does it look amazing! For those of you who may not know, this year's Battlefield title takes us back to World War 1 in a game titled, appropriately, 'Battlefield 1.' Let's take a look at that sweet trailer:

I personally feel that going back in time to a nostalgic era for this generation of gamers is a smart move by DICE; given that Infinity Ward will be releasing a futuristic centered title this year with 'Infinite Warfare.' I think they have some big shoes to fill, as well, due to the nostalgia surrounding WWI and WWII themed video games; the theme of games that many of us grew up with. Although, I think that many times, we embellish games we grew up with because of the nostalgia factor; sometimes putting those games on a pedestal.

Regardless of how games were in the past and how they are now, I think that BF1 is going to be one of those games that will grow the franchise even more; maybe we could even see a WWII themed game from DICE in the near future.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Do you think it's going to be overrated? Do you think it will out-do COD:IW this year? Do you think it's a step in the right direction for DICE? Will you be buying it on release this year or wait until it's been out for a few days/weeks?

Thank you!

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

[​IMG]

pretty sure.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

I'm hyped for both games especially Battlefield. Smart move on DICE's side since everyone has been asking for an old world war 1 FPS from either company. I'm only getting infinite warfare for the MW remaster because futuristic settings just don't fit the call of duty universe.

4. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Battlefield 1942 was dope

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Wolfenstein? this looks pretty good, can I fly a plane please?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I might buy battlefield just because it's in the past

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Solid Anunoby

Solid Anunoby VIP Silver

Damn straight, I've had enough video games with too extreme futuristic scenarios that take place in our universe. Besides, You can play as the Ottomans, The Austro-Hungarians, and the Belgians, and the French (Hopefully). You can have multiple settings, such as the western front and ottoman controlled desert, it seems with the Hejaz soldiers with that plane overhead. Besides, World War 1 doesn't get enough attention with shooters, if at all.
    Yes, you'll be able to fly a plane, as seen in the trailer. Besides, battlefield usually had planes that could be used by it's players in past games, too.

8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

sold

9. RainyKitsune

RainyKitsune Bark! VIP

I woulnd't mind future games if they had an ounce of creativity in them or something.

Honestly, most of these future games have settings that begin and end with "JETPACKS~!!@!@11!@!!!"

Seriously. If you wanna imagine the future, do it without making everything bright neon blue, or by doing any of that typical nonesense. Try something original or new. Geez... I just wanna see the 2050 warfare scene. Not the Jetsons if it were R rated...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Wow! had no clue this was a thing. Definitely looking forward to this game. I've been waiting for a World War I/II game for a long while.

11. Stylarr

Stylarr Regular Member

Very hyped, didn't get to see a lot of gameplay from the trailer but battlefield games from Dice always deliver

-ott-
    Also I was remixing seven nation army and then I heard it in the trailer when I watched it live.
    Not as cool as the trailer one but maybe someone might like it.

12. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Huge Battlefield fan, and I can say I will have a lot of fun playing this game. I like the slower weapons (bolt actions primarily I would assume) and the vehicles will be sick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Been playing since Bad Company. While a Bad Company 3 game would've been awesome (Love Sweet water, Sarge, and Haggard) this still looks AMAZING. I am so hyped for this and haven't been this hyped since I heard they were rebooting the Battlefront series,
    We all know how that turned out..

14. GunAndBomb

GunAndBomb Explosive Banned VIP

Excited

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Still think it will be a goof up in one way or the other. (Please prove me wrong dice.. )
    I hope it is actually as good as the reveal yesterday.

16. DocFox

Here's some videos of my boy, JackFrags, playing BF1 at EA Play!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Talon

Talon VIP

Infinite Warfare is a remake?

18. DocFox

Infinity Ward is marketing a special edition of Infinite Warfare that includes a remastered edition of COD4: Modern Warfare.

19. DocFox

So what's everyone think of this game so far? What is your favorite weapon/class?

Bonus Video of a cheeky spot on Fao Fortress TDM:

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

Loving it so far! I have been playing the hell out of this game.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1