Rejected Ban Requests

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Python~, Mar 1, 2018.

?

Should this be added

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe, with some revisions

4. TBA

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

In previous communities I've been a part of, there is a way to request bans. Whether it for personal reasons, you need time off, help with self-control, etc.

I think it would be beneficial to have a ban request section where users can request a certain amount of time off from the forums and/or servers

Obviously, there would be rules to regulate how often, how long, and how many, so that users don't continuously ask for 24 hour bans or so every few days
    In fact there should probably be a minimum of about a week to a maximum of a year. If the user wants to come back before their ban (excluding yearly) expires, they can add an admin to lift the ban, however they can not request a new one for another month or so
    If their year ban expires naturally, they can request another year without the month grace period

This is just a rough outline of what it would look like, but I think it would be beneficial for many people

I know many will say "just don't go on the site", and that's fair, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Once something becomes part of your routine, it's hard to break habit, which may not be great if you need to study for finals or whatever else

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Probably healthier to ween off instead of quitting cold turkey. Video game withdrawal. *twilight zone noise*

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This is not something we wish to encourage or even streamline. It's a slippery slope that can lead to a lot of problems and headaches for both the staff and the community. Plus, I doubt it even happens often enough to justify it.
    If anyone feels it's necessary for them, they can always try contacting the staff and try to work something out with us. That doesn't promise it'll happen, but we can look into it, as we already did in the past.

Thanks for suggesting.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.