Balance ballot in this forum (TTT)

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Uber Star2, Aug 24, 2017.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I direct you to my Nooo Post. I aint gonna stop. I didnt stop when John peron was ddosing y'all folk i didnt stop when birb i dont stop ever so i wont stop until im banned for saying my opinion about shitty balancing

Ok to keep the game fresh and to change the meta.

Fresh: Garry's mod is a 13 year old game that's out-dated with a lot of shitty hit-reg. Meta? The meta is whoever can shoot and aim a gun.

Too bad the promised balances arent happening due to lack of time 4Head

With Opal as lead admin, I think it's safe to say I'll be keeping my promise from that gun survey: [​IMG] ,

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I feel like some people would argue that More guns > Rebalanced weapons, IMO that's a pretty bad idea since:
    A) You add a weapon that's stronger than AK/SL8/Colt/ETC
    B) You add a mid tier weapon that people rarely use such as the Tar-21.
    C) You add a reskin weapon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Uber Star2

Uber Star2 Member

That is correct, and I believe I already mentioned that. We all know that almost everyone ignores that because it doesn't really catches the eye. To the regular human, it's just another bland ad. You are not mistaken.

4. CorallocinB

Ok nice.

Now this next comment is going to be off-topic from the balance weapon bullshit you want which is probably better, but at the same time this could be a whole other thread to make a suggestion for.

So in terms of making the forums existence known to players... In all honesty people can and have just played on the servers without ever requiring to go on the forums. They enjoy the server and regulars who play on their favorite server and don't particularly come onto the forums to complain unless they get banned (which they are directed to here when given the ban message that boots them from the game). The loading screen has a lot of information and it's not just rules it's also forum information too. The adverts for the forums aren't too obvious for the aforementioned reasons and if they were made more obvious or in your face it'd probably provoke people to come onto the forums to complain about it.

So that's just my thoughts, don't want to go off topic too hard.

5. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

Why do u care about our idea to balance the game
    U don't even play this fucking game anymore

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. CorallocinB

Im not gonna let idiots ruin it for everyone else unless y'all hold me to the ground, gather your merry band of idiots, spit on my body, and change the stats yourself.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Adrian Shephard

It's will just ruin it for small group who have 0 skills and think they are "Scream" when using op guns

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. CorallocinB

You're bitching about these OP guns who are used by people who can aim in the first place and use them. They're not OP unless you can aim, and when you can aim you can kill. It's fucking simple.

It's not like they're using a rail gun that is inf ammo and inf damage damnit it's a damn shotgun or sniper rifle that is being properly aimed to kill.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Adrian Shephard

Fuck it
    Sl8 or jackhammer need skills?!
    are u fucking serious just hold mouse 1 and camp with sl8 in a corner u will get free kills.
    Jackhammer run and shoot it's even can kill ppl across the mao

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. CorallocinB

YOU NEED TO AIM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

If you shoot around a corner with a shotgun, it's a god damn tactic. It's a CQC weapon and it's a legitimate strategy to kill people. You'll shoot around a corner, knowing someone is there, you aim to kill them. What's so difficult to understand that a shotgun is a high damage low range weapon when in a situation like that?

The only problem you should have is Gmod's capacity to make the shot gun more realistic in that there's fall off damage which doesnt exist and can produce a situation where a jackhammer can kill across the map (but it's never a 1 shot gun it's still a shotgun with spread). So your issue is and the only issue I think the guns have that Gmod cant fix is that there is no fall off damage and balancing the guns isn't the solution. There's no solution to fixing why a shotgun can kill people across the map because Gmod doesnt offer the solution unless you remove shotguns entirely or make it into a scattergun where there's A LOT of bullets, HIGH bullet spread, and a decent damage reduction which defeats the purpose of a shotgun.

11. Adrian Shephard

U mean a jackhammer is cqc?
    Stop lying it's bullet accuaru to high u can hit target from any large distance and spammable? Stop joking
    U just points and click no need to improve ur shitty aim if u use them

12. CorallocinB

It's a shotgun!

It has bullet spread!

You can't 1 shot kill people across the map with the jackhammer! Show me the clips of this 1 shot kill on a full health person that you're stating it's not there.

I can point and click around a corner and shoot over a person's crouching head and immediately get clocked by them the next second because I didnt aim. You cant kill unless you aim. The jackhammer bullet spread isnt like 50 shots in the shape of a orange coming straight for your head it spreads like a shotgun should.

13. Adrian Shephard

Bro spam jackhammer at long range u will do enough damage to kill at 4/5 shots
    2nd spam it sl8 has 20 bullet in clip
    U get the kill one way or another

14. Uber Star2

Uber Star2 Member

Excuse me, but are you really thinking the regulars that are currently actually playing the servers "idiots"? Are you memeing? Why do you think that a fair balance change poll/ballot would ruin your server that you love so much yet don't play? Give me atleast a reason I can understand and not just "lol because they are idiots they can't decide like what I do". Thank you.

15. CorallocinB

The only people im calling idiots are those calling for weapon changes.

If you're saying everyone in the server is calling for weapon balancing then yes Ill call them idiots lol it's not a meme it's asinine. It's asinine that you think everyone in these servers are calling for a weapon balance and even more asinine that the balancing is necessary.

I've played this server for 1,000 hours before I stopped playing because I lost interest due to Overwatch. I've had no issues with weapons at all. NONE. So why should I just let you idiots ruin the server that I don't play? Because of the repercussions that will follow that you people will flood the forums with. You're gonna start playing Game Developer as if you know a thing or two about how a weapon should be played out. Take a shotgun and nerf it into the ground so it cant even pop a person at close range anymore just so it can't do some damage at a long range are you kidding me?

I dont know what an irrational person will want to try to understand from me unless I say "balancing weapons, what a great idea! Something I could fuck my wife with in dildo form holy shit it's like physical ecstasy!"

No one here is a game developer. Why should you mess with the specs of a weapon as if you know the fix for the weapon. Each weapon is supposed to be different, is supposed to be unique, is supposed to represent the class of gun it is in. A shotgun is a high damage short range large spread weapon. Show me a shotgun that is anything different and I suggest to remove it and not fix it. Sniper rifles are large spread at hip fire, high damage (especially on HS), long range weapons. Show me the sniper rifle that is anything else. Assault rifles are the middle of the pack variable types of weapons that you can use in nearly all situations. Show me an assault rifle that acts like a shotgun or a sniper rifle.

Your balancing act has issues. The issues being Gmod isn't as sophisticated as you want it to be. Bullet drop off from a long range shot just doesn't exist when it should. Damage fall-off from a long range distance doesnt exist which it should. Your issues are being surmounted by these problems that can't be fixed by working on the base specs of the weapons. Im for removing or adding weapons that are literally broken (which I think the huge is the only useless broken weapon but that's a poorly conceived vanilla weapon). You change these specs, you are going to ruin the gun and just make so many of these guns into reskins and it'll be bland and boring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

Whats wrong with balances to an oldgame? While its pretty outdated sgmod still has decent constant userbase and having new guns/ways to play after such long time would be nice. The balancing itself doesnt even have to be as hard contradictory to what some said before.

Why not? Just keep constantly messing with gun numbers and see what people like. Just add more spread to jackhammer, see how it goes. Make AWP more damage to body but lower how fast it shoots, see how it goes. You do not have to do some big changes that changes every gun in the game, just make simple changes constantly and see how they go.

This is one of the problems.

[​IMG]

Check AWP and scout, its literally same stats. It would be a simple number change to make them unique.

This goes overally with the guns, some of the guns have no purpose in the game besides filler for randoms which is kinda sad when they could be changed to something worthy/special.

17. CorallocinB

I'd say remove the scout entirely solely because it's a filler almost same-skin item and whoever made it is brainless or if those are not its original stats then whoever changed it is an idiot. If I didnt know any better and the gun name wasnt spelled out for me when i pick it up I would probably confuse the two (based on these pictures im looking on google:oops:).

Get new guns. Get unique guns. The game will still be played the same regardless.

18. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

As much as you guys do complain about weapon changes, it's not a simple process. Acting as if you even know what to do first thing is as simple as it sounds. You have to think about all of the other guns and what the problem really needs to be addressed here.

You don't want a gun to be nerfed to simply be a clone or a reskin of a weapon. I was happy when the hk sl8 got buffed like a year ago or so. Majority of you here haven't been around when the hk sl8 took 2 headshots to kill people with armor and it was heavily underused. Most of you haven't experienced what it was like before hk sl8 prebuff and all you have been raging about now is how the hk sl8 is so easy to use now, not knowing the struggles of how it was for me since I was one of the very few who used it at that time. Infact, it may have been around the bottom of the mid tier before buff due to the fact it wasn't as strong and overshadowed by other guns like the ak around that time.

Ever since the buff, people such as xproplayer and I have shown how much of a monster hk sl8 has been. But the AK47, in my view, is generally more versatile than the hk sl8 for numerous reasons. Ant. and Senpai Reich are some examples of how truly strong the ak is when you can compensate for the recoil. This is because the hk sl8 loses to the ak 47 in all but long range combat.

Before you even think about nerfing the hk sl8, let's talk about the mp7; a gun that has potential to be stronger than the ak by a landslide. The mp7 had a slighly higher fire rate, lower recoil, a scope for moderate long range combat, silenced, and just about the same damage rate, if not, higher damage rate than the ak. "It's a traitor weapon, it's supposed to kill quickly!" It's not a justification to put the mp7 on par for damage with the ak. AND going by that logic, you can go complain about the dragunov then since it's a traitor weapon as well and only does 50 damage to the body.

Point of this is, don't talk about rebalancing when you don't even know where to start. There are many factors that fall into this is such as:
    - Trying not to make a clone of a weapon.
    - Few staff members and time to balance weapons. Some players are more skilled than the staff, which may hinder the overall effort of this weapon balance ballot to begin with.
    - Ways of obtaining feedback and how it would affect serious TTT as a whole. After all, data may be skewed due to opinions and biased points of view (hence the hate on the hk sl8 and jackhammer), as well as your source of information. Your complaints about the hk sl8 shows even more biased data as a result when you haven't even looked at all the other weapons when you think it's "trash". Not to mention only those viewing the forums and see this thread may or may not respond.
    - Players that haven't been around for as long to truly know the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon. Hk sl8 is very weak and limited damage for body shots, and you're going to be killed against an experienced ak / m4a4 or just about any other mid tier gun and higher if you can't land a headshot with the hk sl8 (at full hp).
    - We have crouch hoppers (including myself) that can make it difficult to headshot, doesn't matter if it has low recoil if you can't even kill them. We need data that doesn't come from hate nor does it show any prejudice. Something the community can agree on.
    - All weapons are dependent on the user. If you can't even aim with a simple gun like the colt, then it's certainly not helping getting your point across to everyone and the community. What's the whole point of using a gun when you can't aim in crucial moments like gunfights?
    - A gun is buffed, players will complain and want it nerfed and vice versa. Trying to compromise between that choice is already difficult for not only the players, but for the staff and the team behind the weapon balances.
    - Choosing which guns on what attributes and characteristics should be readdressed.

As much as I want the HUGE to be buffed, it's a vanilla TTT weapon just like the mac 10, shotgun, and rifle. If you change any of the vanilla TTT weps (m16 is an exception on here), it causes a domino effect on the other (vanilla) TTT servers as well. Nothing I can do nor Opalium can implement a change upon.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I think another problem is that new players have difficulty hitting crouch/jump spamming people (and I see new people complaining then how the AK47/HK SL8 is op because all the crouch/jump spamming people use it). So I think if we added some kind of inaccuracy when using assault rifles (and keep SMGs and Sniper rifles accurate so they have a reason to be used), we would see less of those complaints.

Probably a dumb idea and all the crouch/jump spam people will disagree but I'll post it anyway

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

I don't see that happening as it would cause discouragement from people crouch jumping with assault rifles. Ak47 has always been strong, but not op. Mp7 is definitely overpowered in my view (possibly better than the ak). No one has used hk sl8 except for me and about 3 other people before buff. Now all you have people is complaining about the hk sl8 and not the ak. The reason behind is simply hk sl8 is too "easy" and they only think that high recoil is some reason to not nerf the ak. And for some reason, no one has talked about nerfing the mp7.