Rejected B-Hop Restriction.

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Cirtex, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

So my first experience was a really bad one. I joined the server and got nailed as Death. "Alright! This is gonna be fun!" Was went through my head. Then all of a sudden these guys start doing frame perfect B-Hops flying through the traps, I could barley keep up!

From an outsiders look in on the first experience with Deathrun, I think some restriction needs to be put in place with B-hopping. Like a script or punishment for players who simply fly through the traps. This is Serious GMod. A place built so players will play the game properly. And Deathrun is no exception.

Now I'm not saying completely BAN Bhopping. Just set a restriction in. Like Bhopping between traps is punishable by a kick/slay. Meaning if they wanna Bhop in a trap they can do that but they HAVE to walk between a trap or else the deaths or other runners can report them. It will force players to slow down and actually play the game properly. Keeping the fun in it.

Also a rule saying that they have to stay with the majority of players would be nice. Meaning they can't go to many traps ahead of players. So that way the Deaths aren't running across the map back and fourth to deal with one guy who just kept going.

Also take into account that I'm spitballing ideas that can be taken seriously or with a grain of salt.

Another idea would be to make it so they HAVE to come to a complete stop at least once before moving onto the next trap. as I think about it, I don't think it would be a great idea but it would be something at least.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

B-Hopping is playing Deathrun properly, the speed meter is there for a reason.

If you remove B-Hopping it becomes a game of sacrifices at each trap or spending 5 mins baiting the Death... Yawn boring.

won't happen so yeah whatever

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

I'm not saying to ban it. If someone wants to B hop through a trap that's fine, but outside between traps they would have to walk. Allowing the deaths to keep up.

4. Carned

90% of the maps have the deaths running at a faster speed anyway.

Also the b-hopping would be pointless if you had to walk between traps as you wouldn't build any speed.

5. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

-1 bhopping is what makes it fun atleast imo.

6. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Still. As a first experience. It was a bad one. Period. There is another player who has had a similar Experiance.

7. Carned

So would TTT be a bad first experience if you just joined the game and saw people using map knowledge, recoil knowledge etc etc to kill you faster and easier?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

You are comparing two completely different games. i can see where you are coming from but there has to be some kind of medium, some kind of balance. Personally as death I dont wanna have to be running from trap to trap on opposite ends of the map to take out a famed speedrunner while the people who actually play the game are cruising through the traps.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

Only reason I ever play deathrun is to bhop. Otherwise, it's completely boring. As it stands right now, people are able to kill bhoppers most of the time anyway. Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you need to
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Listen mr.MemeLord, but this was an outsiders look in for a first Experiance in Deathrun. And if the whole reason behind Deathrun is to b-hop then I wonder why it's so dang popular. And again not removing, it, but restricting it. To play it properly

11. Project_Chaos

Project_Chaos Silver

@Cirtex
    if you don't like how Deathrun is played, don't play deathrun.
    People bhop, that's how you win. Most of the time the Deaths win, even with a good bhopper. If you don't like it, don't play, like I said.

12. Proper

Proper Banned Gold VIP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

This suggestion isn't too far off of your previous one.
    See, bhopping is an integral part of Deathrun. It allows runners to complete maps within the 5 minute time frame. If a runner just walks, it's doubtful they'll reach the end on most maps within 5mins unless the Death is AFK.
    Bhopping also allows runners to dodge traps easier, otherwise it's likely everyone would die within the first few traps. On nearly every map now, deaths get an INSANE speed boost if you hold down shift, making it impossible to lose sight of runners. Yes it's excessive that some runners finish a map within 15seconds, but they shouldn't be punished or handicapped for being good at the game.
    But rather, perhaps you should learn how to bhop or w-hop? There's DR staff capable of doing both techniques perfectly who would be willing to show you.
    It also sounds like you haven't played since your first experience. How long ago was that? Because DR is updated every once in a while to correct previous flaws. I'm wondering if you would still find this issue relevant now.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

The point that I played it was several months ago. But the following rounds that came along and the a hoppers flew off, a large amount of players were left in the dust. To simply just, walk through the traps. Which is more than boring.

Referring to this I respect the constructive criticism of this and I like that you offered a soultkl ion to help me other than just saying "ha your dumb this won't happen -1". I will get back on the Deathrun server and play through a few maps. Who knows, Mabey something will happen. Thank you and I would appreciate being able to be shown the B-Hop or W-hop.

15. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I think bhoping adds some skill to the game and makes it more fun

18. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

@Cirtex feel free to add me on Steam and let me know whenever you want to learn, and myself or another mod can show you.
    Like I said, if bhopping isn't something you enjoy after I show you, my fellow mod @birdapprentice may be willing to show you w-hopping as an alternative.
    The DR server has been updated many times since your last visit. I hope you will find it more enjoyable now.

And here's a tip: usually late at night or early evening is when the bhoppers usually aren't on. It's not a guarantee, but most nights around 11 or midnight my time, the server is dominated by new players who don't know how to bhop. It's quite relaxing, and an easy way to make friends, as the population of the server rarely exceeds 10 at that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

Sadly during the evening my ping skyrockets into the several hundred range. Even hitting 1,000 if it's REALLY bad. Just pointing that out. Also while I have you on the hook, is SG gonna be trying out any OTHER gamemodes? Like Dark RP, Zombie Survival, Surf, or even death match, which someone said could be a good idea as it would be easy to manage and moderate and could be used to train mods to use Damage logs and other things.

20. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Highwon was gonna do darkrp if he had a good developer team and a lot of time to make it really nice, but he doesn't have time and deathrun was easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.