ayo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maniaca, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Maniaca

Maniaca New Member

Hey everyone, the name's Maniaca (though I typically go by Melon, but I'll respond to either)! I am recently getting back into GMOD and have been looking around for a community, so now, here I am! I suppose I should say a little bit about myself. I'm twenty-two and work as a preschool teacher. I'm originally from the southern US but I am now residing much farther up north. I could probably go into way more about myself but I don't think anyone wants to read a bunch of paragraphs haha. Anyway, I hope to see y'all around! Thanks for having me. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. cynder

cynder ice queen VIP

Hi, welcome to the community :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Welcome to the community bud, hope it treats you nicely and that you will enjoy your stay o.o)/

Any questions Im sure a lot of people will be willing to help out.

Have a good time out there ouo)/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Welcome

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. firemac

firemac Mac N Cheese VIP Silver

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Suh, welcome to the server

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

Welcome to awesome gmod community, serious gmod.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Glad to have you, welcome!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Its a fun time here

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

How do you like your job? I was under the impression that teaching little kids is basically hell, which is why I opted to teach high schoolers (still getting my degree obv), but I guess preschool is more or less glorified daycare isn't it? Please correct my false assumptions lol.

Anyways, hiya!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

in my experience with looking at teaching for music, getting a general teaching license for middle/highschool is quiet different from what you would be preparing for if you were going to be teaching younger children so you might want to keep that in mind

and some people just think that children are the devils incarnate and some of them lil bastards are so

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Hello

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Welcome, glad to have ya!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Maniaca

Maniaca New Member

That's a great question! I personally enjoy my job a lot and find all the hard work rewarding. Yeah, the kids can be very tough, but every day I always get at least a dozen hugs from the class, no matter the circumstance. I wouldn't call it glorified daycare personally since I am teaching them colors, counting, basic weather, etc. I can see why people think it is, though! But I like to think of it as giving them a headstart for elementary school because I've seen the difference in kids that went to preschool vs. those that didn't in terms of development once they move up to K-12, and I want them to succeed and do their best! Though I will say, it's certainly not for everyone. Gotta deal with a lot -- tantrums, poop, entitled parents that believe their child can do no wrong, etc. But I'm a big softy and knowing I make the kids feel safe and have fun is plenty enough for me.

Also, thank you, everyone, for all the kind welcomes!

• Winner Winner x 2