Rejected auto-refresh karma

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by nigel benn, Feb 25, 2018.

?

good idea?

1. yea

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. no

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

reset karma every round if staff are on

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

Staff being on doesn't stop people from making petty kills that're still within the rules. Having their karma reset every round would only encourage them to do it since there'd be no real consequences.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

This is where I look at it. Sure it would be nice to have but honestly it would just allow more borderline kills and allowing that karma to reset after every round would just encourage it even more. We have things such as toxic gameplay warnings and bans to prevent these kind of things from happening and if someone is given a free bee every round to do it again it becomes more of a hassle. Sorry man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Just because you can make a kill that isn't RDM, doesn't mean that it wasn't toxic (e.g. following someone just to kill them if they do anything traitorous), petty (e.g. killing someone you know is proven after they commit a T act), or accidental (e.g. goomba stomp)

The more you kill players on your team, the more safe and logical you have to be in proceeding rounds

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Raise karma ban limit, reset karma every round though, imo might work, but nothing is wrong with what we have now.

6. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Actually this is still RDM, ive been slain for it a couple times.

Anyways, big -1 here. Karma is basically a built in toxicity warning. If you get karma banned, its normally because you go out of your way to kill people within the rules so you dont get mass RDM banned. The karma system thats currently in place works really well, and if it reset roundly then even more people would loophole kill because there would be almost no risk of a karma ban.

7. Python~

Goomba stomps have the option to be forgiven

8. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

You OBVIOUSLY didn’t read the op post.
    You have 0 clue what you are talking about lmao

People don’t “normally go out of their way to kill people within the rules”. Yeah, there have been numerous cases of people loopholing, but there are far more players who don’t. I don’t loophole/go out of my way to kill people, and I have been karma banned several times.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  9. Python~

I'm confused as to whose side you're on. I've been karma banned probably much more than you, and I don't think it's unbalanced

If your karma is really low, you should take precautions in the following rounds. If you get karma banned in a single round, you are indeed going out of your way to kill people

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1, let staff ban for rdm not karma.

11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I agree w/ Nexxus where the karma ban limit should be increased while staff are on

having ur gun shoot kernels is enough to tell u

"yo pls stop killing people just bc an innocent had an mp7 and everyone around him didnt kill him"

i just dont wanna get banned for following a false kos maaaaaan

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. In my opinion karma system is great cuz it reduce the amount of rdm cause by t bait done by innocent witch as we know creates very often rdm chains. Plus if you have less karma it make you think twice before making a decision to kill or not to kill....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  13. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Karma is not only used to stop random kills but also to discourage counter-productive gameplay. Like python said, there are many situations where a kill may not be RDM, but is obviously going to end up in an innocent dying. Karma is meant to be another layer of protection against this kind of behavior.
    Sorry, but this won't happen.

Thanks for suggesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.