As far as I can tell:

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by incognito moe, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Weapons that would be fine if they were vanilla (Round for round they're a great staple):
    HK416 - Fires like a dream, good damage output, range and has a zoom
    AK47 - Really fast firing, good damage and powerful recoil to compensate.
    HKSL8 - Great for headshot farming, fast fire rate
    Deagle - Really good damage, especially perfect for headshots
    Shotgun - I hate this weapon, but among the other ones it's definitely beatable
    M16 - Damage isn't great, but it's a long range demon and very trusty
    Mac10 - Good for picking off an opponent quickly
    Winchester 1887/18732 - Both just strong contenders for different avenues of combat.
    H.U.G.E - It's a joke weapon, so it doesn't need changing.
    Raging Bull - Good alternative to the Deagle.
    AAC Honey Badger - Very quiet, very quick and a trusty weapon.

Weapons that are about tolerable (fit within the standards of vanilla but not better than most):
    ACR - Could be more like better counterparts, HK416 or even the AAC but gets the job done.
    Double Barrel - I hate it too, the one shot is ridiculous but the weapon puts you at a severe disadvantage once you miss
    KAC PDW - Seems similar to the ACR but nothing particularly special, could be better damage.
    SCAR - Very good for body shots, doesn't do a lot to the head.
    Tommy Gun - Pretty much what you'd expect the H.U.G.E to be.
    Glock - Good in the right hands for finishing off an opponent and rewarding once used correctly.
    M24 - Seems okay, but rollback has obviously put this weapon back on the ropes.
    MP5 - Needs better fire rate.
    M4A4: About average. Pretty much the same as the M16.

Weapons that need improvements:
    Vikhr - Very weak damage output, fire rate is standard.
    HKG3A3 - Piss poor damage, especially on headshots, slow firing.
    FG42 - Burns through ammo like nothing but doesn't reward you in damage, not really worth a primary slot
    Barret M82 - For the slow reload and time between shots it really should do as much damage as it did during the Wreck The Halls update. Should cripple opponents but be incredibly clunky and slow to use.
    Galil - People soak up bullets from this gun like it's nothing, weak headshots.
    FN FAL - Should be a better version of the Galil but suffers the same shortfalls. For the recoil aswell its damage output is subpar.
    HK45C - Nothing special, no special damage, weak in general.
    Sig Sauer - Should really be like a better version of the Glock but does little to no damage, has really bad recoil and doesn't score you a headshot.
    TAR 21 - Basically the same issues as the Mac10 and FG42, quick firing but little reward.
    Tec-9 - Not as sturdy as you'd expect, weak firing and compared to other pistols doesn't do too much.
    P228 - Great for body shots, weak on head but since the update has been rolled back it's gone back to being a dud.
    Kriss Vector - Nothing special on body or head damage, doesn't stand much of a chance against other weapons.

If anything, these are the weapons to focus on IF there were to be some changes. If everything is OP that's better than some things being too weak to combat.

(Please bear in mind that the vanilla weapons should remain the same as they are to preserve the natural state of TTT. All modded weapons I've mentioned that need improvements however should be changed, in my opinion.)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Hashira

Hashira VIP

The ponit about vanilla tho
    is that vanilla only uses CSS/ stock gmod weps . otherwise this is a good post.

3. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

What about the mp5?

4. Will edit it in

5. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

:(

6. It's vanilla too. We shouldn't change the vanilla weapons too much.

7. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

The point of vanilla is to have a good stable server with very minimal downloads for people without some textures to play on. It may not seem like it, but the MK weapons are extra content that will cause lag issues for players with weaker computers. Even when the only non-vanilla item was added (the harpoon), highwon felt the need to say so in the server description, so vanilla is going to stay vanilla.

• Confusing Confusing x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

he's not saying add m9 weapons to vanilla.
    he's saying change some m9 weapons on MODDED but leave vanilla weapon stats alone.

9. Dude did you read the big bold yellow text at the bottom? Also look at the reply right above yours that I wrote lmao.

I'm talking in terms of vanilla TTT which MODDED weapons fit that meta the best and which ones need altering to fit more within the meta of TTT.

• Like Like x 1