Accepted April Fools Day

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Python~, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

For the US, April Fools day hasn't ended

And when the event began, it hadn't started yet either

Doesn't seem fair for the hours to be centered around Asian/EU timezones when the community is predominately US

So my question is, can we have events last for the entirety of the day in every timezone? (Technically this would last for 2 days for Japanese folks, but a whole day for people in Hawaii and places in that timezone)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Python~

Just heard that the event is still ongoing on the servers but nothing on the servers are April Foolish :(

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Opal runs the event, Opal is not american. I doubt he wants to stay up till 3 am in the morning to activate this event, especially if he wants to monitor for any bugs that may happen. To answer the question, think about it like good mythical morning. The event lasted for 24 hours regardless of when it started and when it ended.

You are essentially asking for a structured april fools day event, which is silly because the whole point of the day is to be spontaneous and prank-ish.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. Python~

No, I am asking for events going forward last the entire day the event is actually meant for, for everyone. Otherwise, what's the point?

Plus, is there any real downside to letting the event last twice the amount of time? Like, idk how much effort went into this event, but it seems enough that 48 hours is justified

There are two Owners that can activate and deactivate events in a second, one in EU, one in US. There isn't a reason events can't last til 12AM PST, or even slightly past

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The thing is, it started early as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This was originally in the QNA section, so I answered your question.

I've got nothing against the idea homie, +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

April Fools was a tight schedule for us unfortunately. We originally planned to go with 36 hours to include the US timezones, but the big time differences between me and Highwon made it difficult to supervise. We therefore had to settle for 24 hours, so we can at least cover an entire day. This is mostly due to the short nature of April Fools (it's a single day). Longer events are unlikely to have such a problem, and will include both sides of the globe.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.