Anime fans unite

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Robert vw, May 15, 2015.

1. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Can anyone suggest me some animes to watch please

2. Atticus!

Atticus! VIP

Here I was, about to make an anime post than kablam! Anime post already made! Yes! Robert, do you like sub or dub? What types of animes do you like? Name some qualities!?

3. Onsight

Onsight First Of His Name VIP

So I'm watching Black Butler: Book of Circus, es muy bueno.

4. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Subbed is the only way to go and I like the underdog stories mostly or doing the impossible. Some of the animes I like are Sao death note cowboy bebop. Soul eater was okay. FLCL

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

You seem like someone who'd thoroughly enjoy Akame ga Kill

Even though in actuality it's poorly put together.

6. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

What's it about?

7. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

I can never understand why people get so put off by older anime styles... Neon Genesis Evangelion and Akira have some of the nicest art styles to me, I think. I love older art anime styles (80's-90's). Either way, though, the story should generally give you enough reasoning to look past the artwork (you'll also get used to it after a little while).

Kill La Kill and Gurren Lagaan really have a lot going for them. Yes, they look extremely dumb, but after a few episodes you will realize that that isn't a bad thing. I'd recommend at least trying them. Kill la Kill has a lot of good humor, too.

And as for Gintama, well.... This amount of times it appears on this list should tell you how good it is:
    [​IMG]
    I mean, 3 different Gintama seasons/movies in the first top 6 shows on MAL? (plus there's like another after that within the top 10).

8. CorallocinB

It's about a country kid and his friends with some nasty good fighting abilities going to an empire's capital in order to get money and save his village that is ravaged by poverty and they do so by attempting to work in the military but they discover a horrible secret about the empire that forever changes their lives. Turns into an underdog story, like you want.

MAL does a decent job at getting it right, and I always hated the rankings because I believe that this "trash generic shounen" Gintama was plaguing them all over. Again, will take a look at Gintama and maybe I'll agree with the MAL standings for once.

9. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Thanks for the help. Has anyone seen Wolfs rain

10. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

11. CorallocinB

12. Atticus!

Atticus! VIP

13. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Oooh, baby... You're in for a treat if you don't like trash generic shounen... Gintama's entire theme is the parody of shounen. All they do is make fun of other shounens... Humour gets pretty adult at times, too. Now that I think about it, I have no idea how the even got the thing published in shounen jump, and I'm constantly wondering why they're not getting lawsuits left and right... I mean, look at this

the only real difference from piccolo is that this guys antennae is thicker... and they do this kinda of shit constantly (naruto, one piece, bleach, death note, etc).

edit: they also parody non-japanese/anime things like star wars and will smith.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  14. CorallocinB

To be frank, I've seen him and he's actually a really bad critic and an inconsiderate racist :^). I'm a harsh critic when need be, but I generally have a like towards most things I watch. AgK is not one of them.

Oh! Well that's unexpected. A parody of shit shows? That sounds like something I'd watch. I was wondering... Seeing the main dude in Gintama doing the Naruto butt fuck thing with his fingers. Wasn't sure if Naruto copied or not (You can see I think lowly of the show), guess not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

I don't care what you say robokiller but I'm pumped for the last episode of death note I can't f$&@ing wait

16. CorallocinB

To each his own.

I'd prefer L over two vastly underdeveloped mini Ls.

17. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

True and the ending was amazing I'm glad I spent 824 minutes and 39 seconds of my life on that show. (I checked)

18. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

I wanted light to win though

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CorallocinB

His fate was decided

When L died

It was a very obvious ending. You never truly get L Vs. Light ever in the 2nd half. The two mini Ls did a horrible job.

20. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

This is very true and I'm gonna start watching gintama today