Anime fans unite

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Robert vw, May 15, 2015.

1. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Since you guys are talking about SAO so much, I will too.

The second half of SAO (with the fairies) was terrible. Character design was bad, and all the good features about SAO were gone (aside from the VR game factor). Not to mention that weird sister love interest thing was pointless perversion which could have been entirely avoided whilst keeping the story just as intact.

SAO:2 Suffers from the same pointless perversions, only this time it's a matter of the main character becoming a girl. Stopped watching it because it was dumb.

Now for some good anime!

- Gintama: Has an extremely unique setting, unique sense of humor, incredibly funny, then out of nowhere drops into a badass serious arc. The juxtaposition of this show is what makes it so beautiful. Edo Japan - Future stuff and aliens. Comedy - Dead serious fighting anime. It just got renewed for a new season after being cancelled, and so far it's amazing.

- Gurren Lagann/Kill La Kill: Both on the outside are extremely stupid, and overly stereotyped animes; however, they're both that way for a reason, and actually have a lot of depth and meaning behind it (as well as being entirely entertaining and fantastic without the added meanings).

- Higurashi: Good gore, great mystery, crazy chicks, fantastic show.

- Another: Same as Higurashi, minus the crazy chicks (well... Sort of).

- Baccano: Interesting setting for an anime (prohibition era in America). Intertwined plots from perspectives of multiple characters, as well as extremely entertaining + a little mystery.

- Welcome to the NHK: Very realistic, down to earth story about depression and social anxiety. Found it to be all too familiar. Sad, depressing story, mixed in with a lot of jokes and laughter and black comedy. Great show if you want a "real people, real experiences" sort of thing.

- Neon Genesis Evangelion/End of Evangelion: My favorite anime, story, or any other form of media of all time. No more to be said. Don't watch the remakes.

2. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Another was insanely boring to me, then again I could've easily been desensitized from other stuff to find it interesting.

Higurashi was amazing for the reasons you've posted + Crucifixion

I'm not too into old anime, will never like Neon because of its awful animation style (imo)

NHK was interesting, but I didn't like it too much and maybe I would if I could relate.

Baccano was easily the best overall told story I've seen in an anime. Very interesting style and it always was intriguing.

KlK and Gurren seem awful, and never gonna watch 'em.

Gintama though, you've brought up some interesting stuff. I'm always into some uniquity with shows and I thought it'd be some stale comedy poor filler awful show with fucking aliens in olden time japan. I mean, the last part seems stupid and put me off but i just may give it a try.

SAO: Everything you said basically relates to what I said, so yea.

3. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Ok I'm gonna say this because everyone knows this is true cowboy bebop is one of the best god damn animes out there. I did this so we can all stop arguing

4. CorallocinB

S'aight. I'm a fan of its OST and Episode titles. The story was good too, and Spike was the only excellent character. Nothing about it is too bad for me to bash.

5. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Finally we can all stop arguing.

6. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Death note season 2 theme sucks dick! The theme use to be awesome. It use to be something I could listen to hours on end and be glad to memorize it in Japanese and English. But now it sucks. So I'm pissed.

7. CorallocinB

The 2nd half?

Eh, it's aight. It's definitely moving and all over the place.

Then again, it's as all over the place and trashy just like the 2nd half itself. So, I guess it fits well :sneaky:

8. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

second half was definitely better because i liked watching l and light battle out their wits but now it's not as edgy but it's still pretty cool to see l and light work and put their wits together and watch as light slowly remember that he was actually the original kira.

9. CorallocinB

Sounds a lot like the first half to me.

Yo bro L is dead. If anything they worked for like 1-3 episodes at the beginning of the 2nd half before Light kills L

10. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

That's what I meant sorry

11. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Oh the second half just got better now I'm not going to read the spoiler. I'm not a cheater like that.

12. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

I have a feeling I just found a good anime

13. CorallocinB

Names would help.

And don't say Death Note, because it is overall average.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

It's called fooly cooly or FLCL

15. CorallocinB

I feel like I've heard it, maybe once, 2 years ago. Never since which means I'm not entirely positive it's of good quality but GL w/ that.

16. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

It's actually really good you should try it. It's not for everyone though. Well what kind of animes do you like action adventure dramas romance crime dramas sci-fi etc.

17. CorallocinB

If it wasn't 6 episodes and OVAs, maybe I would've considered.

18. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

Just because it's short doesn't mean it's bad

19. CorallocinB

There's more times than not a lack of quality in the content when something is shorter. Not many 13 episode shows have superior quality like longer shows, and that's because obviously the longer shows have more time to work with what they got. Not saying short shows are bad, but they're more times than not are. Whatever it's trying to convey, I doubt it'll do it exceptionally well. From what I can look up about it, it seems a tad above average for a 6 episode series.

20. Robert vw

Robert vw Active Member

It actually has great quality actually which is really surprising for how short it is. Also the soundtrack/audio is amazing