Angel RDM

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Silent Rebel, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Name of Staff/Player: Angelx

Server: (Which server did this occur on? West, East) West

Time of Occurrence: (Make sure you include your timezone): 10:15 pacific time

Reason For Report: (What did he/she do?): Angelx rdm'd me on my T round. I was playing and walking around and then she came into a room and shot me, I asked her why and she said its becase she saw me place a decoy. I placed a decoy a long time ago, and it was already destroyed by then, so i knew that wasnt right. Then she said its because i walked past a decoy, (a decoy that i never noticed or saw or acknowledged in any way). She assumed I ignored the decoy, and killed me for it. Then she tried explaining that it's like "walking past a unid" and that she can kill me for it. BUT, the rules specifically say that walking past a unid is KOSable, but it doesnt mention anything about T weapons except having them OR hiding them, which i did neither. So basically she killed me on suspicion, that's how i see it. For her to be able to kill me for that, it would need to state in the rules that walking past c4, decoy, etc is kosable.

Evidence And/Or Witnesses: (Screenshots/Video Recordings/Players That Witnessed The Event). There is no evidence, this is all my word against hers. I'm not trying to get her into trouble or anything, because it is sort of confusing. I just want to clear up the rules to prevent future accidents such as this.

2. Snak

Snak Banned

It may not state a certain rule for that, but Angel showed me herself how the situation was, and it was following under the common sense catagory. If you are in the presence of something traitrous and do not alert nor use action againist it, should be kosable. There is no real rule for it currently but I would have done the same thing she did It was obvious you had placed the decoy as you were in a one way hallway where only u could have placed and seen it

3. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

That's where you're wrong, because I didn't place the decoy. She saw my T buddies decoy and killed ME for it, i had no idea the decoy was there. Most of the time the "common sense" rule works, but when you're wrong, it's considered RDM.

4. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

I came up stairs, you came from the right of here and walked into that door, you didn't see me.
    Shown below, you came from the right side and walked into the door.
    [​IMG]

And I turned right and saw this
    [​IMG]

In my opinion, it wasn't RDM, a lot of times people killed people for things they didn't see. Also, there was no one around.

It really depends on the situation, it's like if you walked out of a room with a C4 and no one came out of it, or a room full of unids.

I understand that it was your T buddy, but many times other traitors was killed because of their T buddy did something that gave them away.

5. Slippery

Slippery VIP

i don't agree with you on this one angel :/

6. Angelx

I think the issue here is, C4/decoy/tripmine etc = unids?

Because if that decoy was an unid than yeah.

But i've seen people walk inside a 1 way room and came out and I went in and there's a C4....

I've been killed for people hiding on the other side of the wall and heard the c4 beep and came in and shot me. And i'm fine with that.

7. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Ive killed someone for them being in a one exit room and looking at a C4 which had 43 seconds left to explode. Obiously they planted the C4 and where a T. I still got a slay. I think that the rule is fine how it is as these cases are fairly rare.

8. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Traitorous acts in the rules section:
    Hiding traitor equipment (C4, decoy, radio)

Definition of hide:
    put or keep out of sight; conceal from the view or notice of others.

So although I think Angel was slightly in the wrong here, if OP didn't announce the presence of a decoy he found or tried to destroy it, he qualifies as "keeping out of sight".

That's just my own logic there, for a very literal translation Angel isn't in the wrong.

9. Magafe

Magafe Banned

But then, the person who did that to you, Killed you on suspicion of planting the c4 because he didn't see you place it. I never seen you Angelx but people tell me, when you are rdm you like to say the person walked past a unid when they never walked past a unid or there wasn't a id. I don't know if it's true or not but i'm just putting it out there.

10. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It's not killing on suspicion if it's a 1 way room and Angel is the only one who comes out. Use common sense.

11. Snak

Snak Banned

Common sense plays a good part, theres a difference between accidently not doing something and not doing something because you are a traitor. I could argue both sides down to the core and I'd have a decent argument for both sides, but right now it would be arguing something that there are no clear rules so unless I get clarification on if gulity by assoication plays a part then I cannot argue, ive seen mods/admins do very different things in the exact same situation, I've seen people slayed and not slayed and I think untill its on the actual MOTD it will stay this way. Still in Angel's corner though, but I would like some further clarification for future

12. Angelx

How common is common sense? Everyone *assumes* things, If we're going with this route and file rdm reports like these... I can start slaying for a lot of things... for example.

I throw a harpoon at someone and it goes past them, they turn around and shoots me, common sense right? But he didn't see me throw it.

I shoot someone while they're facing front, they turn around and kills me, common sense again. But he never saw me shoot.

I fire a colt near someones head, they turn around and shoot me, common sense.

I put a tripmine in the vent on dolls where everyone snipes, I stand beside it and someone shoots me, common sense right? But they never saw me plant the tripmine.

A detective buys a radar, shows only 1 green circle, common sense right? But what if the traitor had a disguiser on?

Also, if two people are standing beside each other, one has a silence dragonuv out & disguised, the other one has a barret, you obviously would shoot both of them .... common sense.

5 Afks, 2 traitors goes towards them and kills 3 and leaves 2 afks, they're traitors right? common sense?(You still can't kill afks)

A traitor knifes a detective, and I just stood there staring at the traitor, would you shoot me? I would, because it's common sense.

4 people walking towards you, 1 has a harpoon 2 has mp7 out, would you shoot all 4? common sense?

There's so many of these, I'm 100% positive that all players on the server uses *common sense/assumption* to a certain degree. Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to go nuts if I have to start slaying for those.

13. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

Yea, it is common sense, but it can honestly go either way. A lot of the situations you mentioned are still them killing off suspicion. I personally have had to slay sooo many people for using this common sense because the person they turned around and killed actually turned out to be innocent.

The sad truth is, in some situations... we still have to slay people for these kind of things. I wouldn't kill someone no matter how sure i am that they are a traitor, if i did not directly see them commit the offense.

14. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

My final opinion on the subject. I think that killing for common sense as in some of the situations that angel listed(some where not valid) should be allowed. But slayable if you killed an innocent. So you are taking a risk in killing for common sense, but only in the extremely obvious situations. This case is one of them and she killed the wrong T, thus she deserved a slay. Thats the way I see it.

15. Angelx

This was extremely obvious.. no one was around it was just him, even if he didn't put the decoy he didn't destroy it. He claims he never saw it, in the rules it says hiding a decoy is a traitorous act.. I'm pretty sure I was in the right to kill him.

16. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

not that i have any business here, but i probably would have done the EXACT same thing there angel

17. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

thru i don't agree with Angelx sometime i would say she is right in this matter i'm taking Angelx side on this one

18. Magafe

Magafe Banned

I would of done the same thing, but then i would have gotten slayed. I have done it before and got punished for it.

I agree with Angel now because i was killed for planting a tripwire in a building at the beginning of the round then getting killed for it, for going into to the same building it was before and I planted the Tripwire at the beginning of the round.
    and That person wasn't slayed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.