And So It Goes

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Agent A, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

You know that novel, Slaughterhouse 5? I think the title is really fitting for situations like this. We all come and go. In the end, we're all replaceable by one way or another.

But anyways, moving on.

I would like to quote somebody:
    Some of you like me. Others no so much. That’s just how things are. Can’t please everybody. Can’t agree with everybody as there will be clashes of ideology and directions that we all want to take.

I have an old promise to deliver to. @Ryan4Win. I disagree with what you done, but a promise is a promise.

So about that High Standard Gaming incident, I am not the sole reason why it went down, but I was one of the reasons why it went down. Everything was fine, but I just come to unable to agree with the decisions the management team made over time such as management is different from staff because they handle more important thing. The problem was that they weren’t active in the first place. They didn’t try and help out the server until it was too late. I just didn’t bother to protest about those until two of my peeps got demoted/banned (for valid reasons). I was just naïve, and didn’t take these too well to the heart. In the heat of moment, I leaked staff information, and abused toxicity list to get people added there so they can be permanently banned from the server. In the end, I talked with another friend and come to a decision to just leave HSG and relinquish my oracle position (honorary ex-staff position) by revealing to them that I also leaked staff information. This help deal a blow to the situation that they were dealing with. When they decided to change rules to be more lenient, I took advantage of it and got couple friends to exploit the rules. In the end, I got punished for my actions. This is just a condensed version. I don’t recall all the details, but some has to do with “realistic weapons update” (please never ever make people play with those realistic weapons update because it sucks, and it has effectively helped kill two of communities that I used to play on), and others with draconian punishments.

There is another person I want to talk to:
    Verified – Thank you for picking me up as your mod. Hopefully, I met your expectations. Thank you for everything. However, I need to get this off my chest. Truth to be told, the application was more of accident. I never meant to submit it. I just wanted to see what it’s like. When I accidentally submitted it (by pressing enter when I was trying to send it to the next line), I panic and edit it to make it neater. I wasn't really that forum-savvy so I didn't know I could delete it within certain circumstances. I also never told you some problems previous communities had with me. In HSG, leaking was a major rule-breaking I have done. In Devolved, my professionalism wasn’t exactly what I show in SGM. Well, now that is off my chest. Thank you for being my admin.

Now on the topic of resignation, this resignation is due to a variety of reasons, but mainly due to real life situation where I won’t simply have time to staff and relax as I will be increasingly busier as time passes by. As the semester progresses, I came to realization that I won't be able to meet the hours nor be able to relax and play and have fun. This is something that isn't new. I have been thinking about this since February 2017. I have talked with @Pacifist and @Mellow initially, and then @Falcor towards start of August. Now, it was @HelixSpiral 's turn.

Now for the tags:
    @Pacifist – We haven’t talked in a while, but I hope real life is taking care of you. I do miss some of our conversations. You done good, Pacifist, and thank you for being a real friend.

@Mellow – Glad that I have met somebody like you. You have done extremely well despites the limitations. Godspeed.

Verified – Thank you for picking me up as your mod. Thank you for being my admin. Sure, we might not really talked that much, but I hope I have at least met your expectations.

@Opalium – Thank you for giving me a shot at being administrator. I hope I have at least meet your expectations that you have on me when you picked me up to be part of the administration.

@Falcor – Wouldn’t be proper for me to not tag you. Thank you, Falcor. I am probably not the best admin you had, but thank you for helping me out.

@DieKasta – Thank you. You have always stuck out for us and tried your best to remain as neutral party. I respect that.

@Acnologia , @Timo654 , @Skyrossm (No, I will not call you rose.), @French Toast , @DarkLegion , @luna♥ , @Pacifist , @Mellow , @Dwardu , @Theinkern – Thank you for being friends with me at least one point in time (whether we remain friends now or not).

I might have missed couple in the group tag I posted above, but you guys know who you are.

Finally, my team. Past and present.
    @Pacifist , @FRENCH TOAST , @Kythol , @Desert , @Jigat , @luna♥ , @Lone Wanderer , @Alpha Wolfy , @littlememe , @Smurf , @Peach , @NoX , @Grillz Best Friend , @Mikochan❣ , @Advanced , @Yatty ❤️ , @The Muffinman

If I'm forgetting somebody, apologies.

Take care guys. Thanks for being part of my team at one point or another. I’m sorry that I wasn’t exactly the best admin. I just lost my touch I guess. Hopefully, I haven’t disappointed you, but if I have, I’m sorry. I can’t offer much except for my apologies.

• Friendly x 39
    • Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Nooooo! :(
    Anyways, I am glad you accidentally applied.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

It was great seeing you as a staff memeber amd as someone to dream to be. O7

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. F
    :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. dude85632

dude85632 VIP

what the fuck man. you were always my favorite admin how can you do this to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Damn, the man with the plan. Agent you are quiet, but they always say watch out for the quiet ones. They will be the ones to shock you and surprise you the most. For once the age old tale is right, the quiet one did surprise me. When I came into the administration team, you and a few others guided me and I was trying to learn from you guys, and you were one. I remember the small conversations led to bigger ones. You take care Agent, and don't be a stranger. And I will say this, I will try and stay quiet in your library.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I remember you being my admin for a spell, and helping me adjust to being an admin myself. The entire time I remember me and you talking about a whole lot of things. We discussed opinions on applicants and we talked about you resigning. I was always supportive of your decisions, if that meant staying on the staff team I was all for it. If that meant going and finding something better to do with your time, than so be it. So many people look over you and say that you were nothing more than this robotic weeaboo on the internet, but when you looked deep you could clearly see an admin whos dedication to his moderators and to servers he was an administrator for. I saw you taking chances with risky picks and defending them when naysayers came about. I remember asking you for your opinion because it honestly meant so much to me. You were my second opinion when mine wasn't good enough. You were always online, and you were always there to help me when I needed it.

You've got my honest to god respect agent a, and I hope that you enjoy your time away.

~papa paci (a. k. a. lil p famous rapper)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Penius

Penius Aye man, you're shaking it all wrong VIP Bronze

Never forget the one day ban. F do you sir. Will miss you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. lil f

lil f That's how the toast crumbles Banned Gold VIP

You're the last person I expected to resign today. Thank you for training me so much the first time around, and I wish you luck on whatever you do in the future. Don't disappear on us completely.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Fregley

Fregley ThErE aRe StOrIeS wAiTiNg To Be MaDe VIP Silver

It's sad to see you go, Agent, I've never really talked to you but I enjoyed playing the resistance with you the other night! I hope life does you well and I hope you come back to visit all of us.

Take care Agent!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

Not gonna lie, I didn't expect much out of you when you picked me up in January , but I was pleasantly surprised thereafter with your activity in the community and strong dedication towards staffing and our team. It was a nice change of pace towards my other admins I had before. While I did not last on the team for very long, I appreciated your communication with us on potential applicants and help on certain things that were unclear to me. You were a great admin to have when I returned this year. Thanks for the time on the team and don't become a stranger to the community.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Rip the dream of a full staff team.

See you around, mate. Good luck to whatever you may be doing in the future :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

Also, Thank you for this.

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

It's a real good book. I'd honestly suggest it to anyone who's looking to do some reading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

Although I knew this was coming, it still stings. I think the staff team is about to realize just how much you did for us while you were around. Thank you for all the work you've done around here the past 9 months and good luck doing whatever you find yourself doing down the road.

Godspeed.

~Kasta(The Spy)(...bitch)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. xX_aMKMa_Xx

xX_aMKMa_Xx Member

Goodbye Agent A, thank you for everything you have done for this community.

You shall be missed. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy VIP

Goodbye, Agent A...

I remember when you when I first stared playing on SGM. You were a great staff. It's sad to see you go so soon...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Have you "at least met my expectations"?

Agent, my friend, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say you are one of the very best staff members this community was ever gifted with. You brought to the table what many are unable to: true and genuine dedication. You are as loyal to your title as you are loyal to your values, and this really shows.
    I still cannot thank you enough for being there and stepping up to the task when I needed it the most, early this year. It was a rough transition for all of us and I really don't know how I could've rebuilt the staff team without solid admins like yourself. Everything you do, you do in the best way you can - and this is truly an honorable trait.

So, have you "at least met my expectations"? Hell f***ing yeah you did.
    Have you blown us all away with how dedicated you are? Hell f***ing yeah you did.
    And I think I can safely say on behalf of many of us here: are we going to really miss you?

Hell f***ing yeah we are.

Take care, friend. It's been an honor and a pleasure having you with us. And now, wherever life my take you - best of luck. :love:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Tybe

Tybe VIP

Damn, hate to see you resign, I looked up to you man. Good luck and have fun with your real life situations and school.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.