Ammo Drop on Death

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Python~, Oct 12, 2019.

?

Yes?

1. yes

2. no

3. neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

I wonder if something like this could be implemented. I find myself often buying AKs in the point shop several times a round to keep up with the ammo I exhaust.

Essentially killing someone would make them drop their spare ammo (i.e. ammo not in their clip)
    This applies to all weapons that use regular ammo (i.e. weapons that the ammo can be replenished): primary weapons, pistols, Jackhammers, MP7's, etc.
    Weapons that don't use regular ammo such as the Huge, Gauss Rifle and Barrel Gun wouldn't drop anything.

For instance, if I had an AK and died with '30 + 00' ammo, I wouldn't drop anything. The 30 ammo would remain in the clip. However, if I had something like '30 + x', where x is a number from 1 to 60, then I would drop x amount of ammo.
    Same goes for my pistol and any other regular ammo-type weapon I have.

Before that ape brain of yours posts something like "well this'll just cause RDM": it won't.
    If something like this would cause RDM, then non-donators on Vanilla would constantly be RDMing donators for their AKs, which doesn't happen very often, if at all.
    You also aren't guaranteed ammo unless you saw them pick some up.

If this suggestion passed, it could help with the lack of ammo on the map (which is a finite resource every round, if you don't want to spend points), and as a little reward for killing someone.
    It doesn't add any significant advantage to the game.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Yes please. Sometimes theres just not enough ammo

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

If this could be implemented, that'd be pretty cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

COD time B) put on them scavenger pro perks lads.

I vote make this some sorta point shop upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Would be pretty nice

6. sure, need to make my kills higher on vanilla
    i like this idea

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. SavannahBanana

SavannahBanana I Love Bananas :D VIP Emerald Bronze

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Looking around the map for ammo is boring, not challenging. I'm not gonna swap to a shotgun when I'm confident with the AK, and I shouldn't have to in lack of ammo

On Vanilla, everything is finite. You can't spawn in more ammo or weapons. And once you find a decent weapon on Vanilla, it's hard to keep it stocked on excess ammo.
    Even if you use the pointshop on non-Vanilla, it still takes several seconds to buy a gun and your entire screen is taken away.

Not to mention that you can take dead players ammo currently, but this just makes it as an instant reward.
    Rather than dropping your gun, picking up theirs, dropping the ammo, reloading the gun, dropping more ammo, dropping the gun, then picking your gun back up, just have it drop on death and people can just walk over the body and pick it up.

thanks for the feedback smh

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Why did you put a neutral vote he's been banned for quite a while.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

This convinced me that my argument was wrong. Ill remain neutral and changed my vote.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Birddog6

Birddog6 VIP

I think it being a finite resource forces players to be more cautious with their engagements. If a traitor has a bad run with ammo pickups, well then they have to shift their parameters and focus on a new way to combat the innocent traitors.

The game is about stealth and guile, with a whodunnit gameplay mixed in. Tacking on ammunition as if it is primarily a game that we should just encourage them to straight up attempt to just blast their way through the innos is stupid.

(Also insert you calling people ape brains when you should be calling it a magazine)

I think what you're implementing would appease people who are new to the game, as opposed to forcing players to making more tactical and measured decisions. I think it would reward the gameplay that doesn't always get you the win. Also there's very few maps that don't have enough ammo or weapons, moreoften I find myself having to switch the type of weapon I'm using, IE from a rifle to an AR, etc, to accodomate the ammo.

All in all, I think this suggestion comes from frustration and a lack of understanding of what makes TTT special.