Ammo crate

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Zypther, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Basically what the title except it is in the det/T shop and it holds all types of ammo for x amount of charges and gives out the ammo.

(Searched for this but didn't see it created before)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

Omg, this would be amazing and useful, please yes.
    Huge +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Something new to the detective arsenal. Me likey

• Like Like x 1
  4. pekka26

pekka26 god im so smart VIP

is it like a healthstation or a personal item a detective/traitor can hold?

5. Zypther

I haven't found anything on workshop yet, but I'm thinking like a healthstation type thing.

6. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

20-50 points is far from worth for a point in the detective/Traitor round that could be used for a Radar, more Jack hammers, a Teleporter, and a health station. Occupying an item slot for fucking ammo is also ridiculously expensive when the slot can have harpoons, MP7s, Jackhammers, Riot shields, and a Health station/ teleporter. You'd be making it for nobody to use, or a noob bait as for someone who doesn't know what a point is worth and will instead just buy the shiny looking item.

7. pekka26

Interesting. How would this be used by traitors? I presume T-room as this is their space but that also seems like a waste because of the c4's that usually get planted in there.

8. Zypther

Maybe we have it so it gives the ammo like how if you buy extra guns in point shop the ammo continues to add up

9. Rhienor

Rhienor Integrity VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ekksdee

ekksdee wrath VIP Bronze

Easy solution and meta change: Make it so that you can only purchase weapons from the pointshop pre-round
    ez nerf to script kiddies and makes the ammo crate a contested item.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. pekka26

12. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

13. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I had a working prototype of this a while ago, but I scrapped it eventually. Like ink said above, I doubt players will prefer to use their credits on this than on other items in the shop. For most people, there's just no good reason to buy an ammo box over a weapon.
    That's what I think, anyway. Unless you guys think otherwise?

14. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

It would be a nice feature to have on the Vanilla.
    I agree that it won't be very useful on modded Servers and therefore not be used often, but on vanilla it could be an improtant gameplay mechanic.
    I've found myself in situations before where I wished we had such a feature.
    Since you can't buy pointshop weapons on nilla it would actually make sense there.

But since nilla means nilla I guess we won't have this comming on anything other than modded where it's not gonna be useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. IMO, the only situations where you end up needing ammo are when you're engaged in a firefight and you forgot to bring enough. In which case the much better solutions we already have available are to pick up another gun, which is the quickest and most effective, or to PS a gun, in which case you also get half ammo with it.

As @ink said, this probably wouldn't be very useful in most situations, unless you're one of those people that likes to shoot at everything a tbait a lot, and the only people likely to actually spend a T/D credit on it are noobs, and once they figure out what a waste it is, no one will buy it.

That being said, I don't think it would be problematic to have it, adding it shouldn't hurt anything else, so why not. As long as it doesn't take priority over things that actually need attention right now fix jackhammer

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zypther

Maybe we give it charges. And at the end it drops a d/t weapon.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1