Amazing Admins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john redcorn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I am not going to argue with you about this, but I have been pretty open actually. I explained most of what I planned to do here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/staff-team-approval-poll-2.54193/

Yeah, maybe I don't comment about every little thing I do, doesn't mean you can't just ask me. Not once have you hit me up to ask about these things. You just assumed that nothing was being done, and then lashed out. Not my fault. Though, if the community wants me to be more open then maybe i'll start a thread for it. It isn't actually a terrible idea.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

@Pacifist @tz-

I’m so proud of you guys for speaking what you feel and finding a ground that seems to be the problem. Pacifist, I think a good takeaway from tz’s message is that there should be some sort of thread or discussion public to the community that actually shows what’s being changed/ done internally with the team. And to tz, I’ll say that there actually is a lot of stuff that gets improved that you can’t possibly know about, because it is never communicated with the rest of the community, just in the staff channels. How ironic! The thread that some of the team said was completely useless and held no constructive criticism actually unfolds a possible aid to the ill feelings that tz and others hold towards the team:D. Good shit wink

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

unlock the big boy thread you cowards , if we can accomplish this with the weenie hut jr thread who knows what’s in the salty spittoon

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Noccam :^)

Noccam :^) Regular Member

Is this Weenie Hut Generals? Im looking for Weenie Hut Generals.

5. john redcorn

Sorry that's a hospital, we are talking about fine dining establishments here. I made you a comparison chart for reference

[​IMG]

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
  6. Noccam :^)

Ah thank you very much

7. man why yall cry about everything just close your eyes lol

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

what is happening

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

anarchy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

This a war where everybody trynna win but also couldn't care less

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I agree

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. If you close your eyes, the tears will build up.

13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

ur brains are SMOOTH

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. john redcorn

@Nathan776 is firmly in the super category. I would of confidently stated this yesterday but I didn’t want to hurt any premature feelings

• Like Like x 3
  15. john redcorn

Hey guys, I have had quite a few dedicated fans of tier list/admin comparison charts write in to me and ask "Why didn't you rank Pacifist/Where does Jabba rank now he's lead".

I don't rank lead admins. They serve a much larger role with many more responsibilities than admins, and it's much harder to pinpoint how they are doing. Even if they look like they are pulling a teroxa/wink/diekasta and being inactive as fuck, it's hard to say if they are failing to uphold their duties/performing them adequately since much of that stuff is off the servers. Being a solo lead is a sad life style, but at the same time having too many leads can be headache for both the administration and @Highwon .

Was Jabba my pick for lead admin? Yeah, no one important asked me this time around, but he was. The various other admins have various issues ranging from activity to confidence to attitude to drive. Jabba may of fucking mishandled my report in a memey fucking way that led to the same rightful conclusion and got him a one way trip to wow town, but yeah, he's the best the administration had to offer.

I know the adminstration might be starting to see me in a light comparison to sheen from jimmy neutron especially with some of my recent thoughts on their actions/lack of action, but I do want to say something serious for once aimed for the ears of the lead administration.

Out of everything that was said and done in that update transparency flex thread, one word stood out to me that probably shouldn't of; compromise. I don't like that word.

Compromises create situations where two people aren't happy, just slightly malcontent. I took a lot of wrong turns during my lead administration, but compromising to solve problems was probably my biggest cardinal sin in terms of handling debates/toxicity situations. Compromise created the old spray guidelines standards. Compromise created bans that probably shouldn't of been placed. Compromise just recently created the dumb mass rdm x3 protocol slay proportioning.

I'd rather see you boys aim for a different c word; consistency. Whether you want to do dumb things or smart things, do them consistently.

Aim for some more consistency between both your mods and admins with hacking evidence before achieving a harsher punishment protocol.
    Aim for some more consistency with perma bans based off discord inspected element messages.
    Aim for some consistency with how staff handle slays after a rdm and leave.

You get the idea. Whether you take those ideas above or apply the term elsewhere, it's better to be a consistent so everyone knows what to expect rather than inconsistent leaving things open to interpretation more often than not.

bless up boys. And yeah jabba, this is an offical congrats.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

You forgot about my man sinz

17. Noccam :^)

I'm confused. What is your problem with the rules exactly?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I don't even remember saying compromise. I'm not afraid to do things people don't like though. In fact, i'm good at it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  19. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

perfect! a lead that is good at doing things people don't like!

• Funny Funny x 2