Amazing Admins!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john redcorn, Jan 4, 2020.

1. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

Pacifist already did this. You could have given your honest constructive criticism about the staff in a non public form. I didn't write much as I understand the staff team is usually doing their best, while actually wanting to enjoy the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

I just dont see the purpose of this. Why create those threads? Attention?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

I'm kinda confused why that last thread was locked also to be honest. If it was getting spammed with hate or things that were off topic - with warning I could understand. Like what, there were one or two jokes in the thread the called staff bad lol. I could also understand if the thread was trying to single out a specific admin or something and trying to get some bandwagon going.

If you want to share your opinion of the administration you should be able to do so, not just in some survey but also publicly to some extent. I disagree with the sentiment that the threads purpose was only to demoralize and nothing constructive came out of it. If you see an admin that people tend to rank higher then you, you should really just be asking yourself why that is and take something constructive from it. If you see somebody that rates you fairly low, why not try and talk to that person and find out why that issue is? I rate Jabba fairly highly in my list, and if he asked why I would tell him that I think he's one of the admins that engage both with the community and the moderator team the best as of the minute. If he asked me for example why I'd put him just below Lordy, I'd say that I think sometimes he makes what seems like rash decisions compared to other administrators.

Don't just lock a thread, engage with the people in the thread.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Issa joke so don't get salty pls

#freemyniggahelix

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

I did not find anything constructive in that thread. Honestly, if people have feedback or something concrete, just write it down but it isnt up to us to read between the lines. I ain't talking on that "You know exactly what's wrong" level where you have to ask seven times before they actually tell you

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I just woke up. What situation are you referring to with the last paragraph?

8. john redcorn

Because it’s fun
    Feedback can come in many forms I suppose. I only really mentioned “constructive feedback” since it the god forsaken lack of it was part of the reasoning to shut down the real bad boy tier list thread. Seems there’s plenty now

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I mean this is equally as useless and is made solely cause you're bored and trying to fit into those large ex staff slippers, but at least this one's less malicious in nature.. i guess

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

I CAN GET CALLED NIGGER ON THE SERVER EVERYDAY BUT WHEN WE START PUTTING THE DOGSHIT ADMINS IN THE DOGSHIT TIER ALL OF A SUDDEN WE GOT PROBLEMS HUH

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

so why the fuck is it locked?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

You've been around long enough to know how admins should admin.
    From what I saw myself you were a great mod, certainly good enough to teach the current mods a thing or two.
    You know that reporting harassment means the mods can have greater ability to enforce slurs as harassment.

You're good guy tz, but tough love is equally as ineffective as soft love, especially when you don't know them. Tell em or show em if you think that these things are an actual issue, and you know you can just talk to us like humans and we in reverse

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

When I opened my eyes I had no orientation, couldn't tell if it was dawn or dusk, the hue was misty and there was dew on the grass.I blinked a few more times so my eyes could adjust. Still half crusted over with sleepers. It's weird I don't remember falling asleep
    Then it happened. The sound was undeniable, like a thrum of ground bees humming from the center of earths crust. I've never heard anything like it. My brain was refusing to put this calm scene and sound together. Eyes adjusted, I click the box and typed in my password and saw the half lime half pistachio green "MODS ARE NWORDS NWORDS NWORDS NWORDS NWORDS NWORDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!1!!!"
    what a retard.

I wrote a joke about the posts I miss.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  14. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Some people are harder to reach out to than others, sent a message to Tz- ingame at some point - told me to not talk to him
    Sent a dm to Fiz asking what Im doing wrong and can work on since Im F tier in his opinion, still being ignored.
    So I have tried xD

I also do know some of my own flaws, 1 thing being that my main communication with the community is within the servers and not so much on forum or discord interactions o.o
    But we all know that Nathan is Community Manager Material here ouo

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I hate to say this, but this is dumb. Just a passive aggressive jab at the administration and nothing more. Look, I don't really care about constructive criticism. I got it from the poll I did awhile ago, and I met with the staff team to discuss how we can do things better. You might think i'm an idiot or incompetent or whatever, but honestly? My administration is doing great. Look at the state of the staff team. We are almost full, and we are working on better training for trial mods and working on softening our approach to staffing so that regulars aren't being choked on technicalities. I have even gotten to work on a few other things like changing the mass rdm rules.

So give us some credit man. We are working with what we got, and we are doing a pretty damn good job. Very few staff members are under the hour requirement, and those who are are being dealt with. We answer reports faster than we ever have, and the staff is pretty laid back compared to previous teams. You can disagree, and I know you will, but honestly? I am proud of the staff team I have helped build back up, and I am excited to see what comes next.

If you have a problem you can always file a report or shoot me a DM. I'm always willing to listen to people complain.

• Agree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. john redcorn

The only thing I’m being mean about isn’t necessarily your administration or their level of anime power, it’s their dumb decision to shut down a thread that was made to incite discussion about their relative power level in comparison their peers of admin future and admin past.

They are the ones who wanted it to have (positive) constructive criticism about the team, and shut it down when it didn’t happen. I just made a new weenie hut jr of a thread complying to the that wish.

They do a lot of things well and do a lot things not so well, but hey, all of us do. Ask @Walker

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. :peeking:

18. tz-

so youre just gonna remove me saying nigger in the quote lol? i like it sgm lets you say nigger but the staff dont even want it in their posts

if i can get called nigger on the server then you guys can take a fucking tier list thread that isnt even remotely close to any harassment that is seen on the servers, its not my fault you guys make decisions that are viewed as dumb by the community and then get ranked low in a fucking tier list.

also, i gotta report when i get called nigger in voice chat or text chat? you guys arent smart enough to realize that its not ok for people to call another person nigger? i gotta hand feed it to you? and then i gotta ask for something to be done? and then you guys arent even gonna say to me "hey i warned him" after doing it privately, ya know where i dont see any warning actually taking place? and then i get called nigger another 2 times by the same person and by 2 other people yet nothing happens to the person who called me nigger 3 times or the other 2 besides a warning? yeah man sure good shit

but man a fucking tier list where the majority of the admins are placed negatively makes you guys fucking fuming doesnt it? not your regular players getting called nigger multiple times on your servers causing regulars and new players to not come back no never bc if it did, lets be honest, something wouldve happened by now instead of the same recycled dogshit that @Highwon wont let you. we all know that highwon has checked out of this community long ago and barely wants it to do good so i guess letting people say nigger is a big-brain move on his part

no fucking shit its a jab at you guys; its almost as if the community isn't 100% happy with how your administration, or you, are doing. which is why, although it was kind of a fucking meme, you guys got placed c or lower a lot

lol fuck you dont care about constructive criticism ive already heard all i needed to and my admins are great fuck off

just bc the staff team is full doesnt mean that its a good thing, and it also doesnt mean that the full staff team is all good. it also doesnt mean that your administration is doing a good job, there are always people applying to be staff and its not hard to accept someone and it isnt any sort of fantastic feat that the admins achieve when they do pick someone up. you guys are barely changing how you train tmods and from a players perspective all it seems like youre doing is holding them as tmods for a longer amount of time and idk if longer = better. and softening your approach on technicalities? like what, what does that mean in regards to certain rules and situations? you guys say things that sound good but thats it, and what do you mean by changing the mass rdm rules? whats there to change with mass rdm?

isnt the hour requirement 15 hours bi-weekly? i could give less of a fuck about staff members keeping a measly 15 hours when you and i both know that we had flat 30 hour bi-weekly requirement, some teams had more than a 30 hour requirement, and almost everyone on the staff team at that time regularly surpassed that.

uh... proof? bc as a player, no, its the same slow shit as always.

you guys always say things that look good in these posts but it always seems like you never actually have anything to show for it

• Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  19. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yeah, and there is never going to be 100% approval of us anyways. This is something I've realized already. What doesn't help is to constantly have to put up with people taking jabs at us that essentially amount to "admins suck". what I am especially tired of is your behavior. All you do is complain about the N word rule change, or the hacking rule change, and you bash the staff team because we aren't doing everything in the world to help you. The sad fact of the matter is that we are. Most of the staff team is in favor of reverting the rules back, and we have been working on that ever since the rule change was made. All your little fits do is make our lives harder. Every time you come on the forums to harass us you just make yourself look bad, because you are essentially targeting people who agree with you.

Actually you are wrong here. We have changed the way we train trial mods. The admins are now required to train their trial mods directly, and their hours are specifically tied to that of their T mods. The actual numbers are still being worked out, but I hope to require every admin to have at least half of their trial mod's hours. Actually, filling the staff team is a feat to be proud of, especially when you look at how the administration has been rather empty for the past year. There has been empty slots, and now those slots are filled with people that wish to actually build teams. The "softening rules" part is very abstract because it covers a broader approach to staffing. To dumb it down and make it more specific I'd say that we are trying to be more forgiving to players and regulars, mostly in the area of RDM. For instance, the recent report against Jabba gives you a pretty good idea of what I am trying to go for. This is a work in progress though, and I have to put a lot more work into changing the mindset of many staff members to be more fair to the players.

Perhaps I should have rephrased that to say that we actually have a bunch of staff members above 30 right now. Also, making the hour requirement thirty just isn't practical in this day and age. Look at the average tenure of moderators back in 2014 when the hour requirement was extremely high and you'll notice that people only stayed mod for like a month on average. We just afford to replace that many moderators, and as such we kind of have to look at longevity over short term bursts of extreme activity. The average right now is 21 hours bi weekly, which is way higher than the 15 that is required.

Oh you know me I just love talking about myself. I just meant that most forum reports don't sit for more than a month before being answered. As far as in game goes, I don't know. Depends on the moderator I guess.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you are wrong and that you have no idea what you are talking about. I'll keep trying to get the N word thing reverted though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tz-

yea all i complain about is the two rules that i have issues with who wouldve fuckin thought right? i bash the staff team bc you have been saying youre tryna to change things for the past year and no change has come. ya know usually when people are told changes are coming and there are none they get upset and complain about the things theyre not happy about to the people that can make a difference, so no wonder im "targetting" you, you make the changes dont you? you say youre gonna make changes but i dont see any changes being made, im gonna get upset and bash you in order for you guys to actually do something

i never said you guys didn't change how you were training all i said was youre barely doing it when from A PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE, about time you finally communicated with community how youre changing things instead of just saying they are and expecting the community to blindly believe that youre making changes.

wow you picked up people who applied to be staff good job

literally all you need to do is communicate what changes are being made to the community instead of just saying youre making changes

never asked for it to be changed to 30, just saying i dont give a fuck about them barely holding above 15 hours, shouldve just said "hey a lot of us got above 30 hours" but ya know, lack of communication

we both know that reports are being handled roughly in the same amount of time, the only reason there was reports open for months was bc @Teroxa was doing whatever the fuck they were doing when those reports were open and just never did shit with them until you decided to do it

gee no fucking wonder i "have no idea what [im] talking about," theres a lack of communication between what the staff team is doing and what the community wants to see, you say youre making changes yet there has been no updates on what youre actually doing until now. how are you gonna say "you have no idea what youre talking about bc i actually have never conveyed this information to you, or put it where its easily accessible for you, and others, to see."