Rejected Alteration to Tratiorus Acts, Degrees of severety

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Cirtex, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cirtex

Cirtex Well-Known Member

So currently, the twitchiest of trigger fingers can KOS you for simply not identifying a body. or accidentally throwing a discombobulatetor because of a misc-lick or something along those lines.

Here I'm suggesting that degrees of tratiorism be implied for the lesser of the acts that can be officially committed.

We will be really focusing on these ones:
    Not identifying Bodies.
    Throwing Disconbobulators

Both of these aren't exactly the WORST things in the world to do and can be done by accident.

So here is what I'm suggesting:

Change these two things to where, Yes you can still KOS when they commit the act, but it is ill advised and not recommended less the person has previous suspicion.

And for not identifying bodies. it should be required that player say "Hey (insert name here) identify that body!" before opening fire. there have been several occasions in the late game where I have walked past bodies as an inno looking for the T only to have another inno gun me down because he saw an Un-ided in a corner that i didn't see because my attention was elsewhere.

Another with disconbobs was a point where i had thrown a disconbob into the air. where it would have little effect on the people below. i wasn't gunned down instantly, but there was one person who it did effect, and when i asked them if they were Okay they jumped off of the high point they were standing and somehow managed to report me for killing him with a disconbob (even though he jumped off of a railing to do so.)

those are my experiences behind my reason for this change. The acts can still be KOSed, however it should be advised against and recommended to only do after the person doing the KOS has made effort to confirm that the person they are about to shoot is actually suspicious/traitor. or if it was just an accident.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Won't happen

end of thread

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

no

end of thread

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

This rule change revolves around them having previous suspicion, which isn't even a thing according to the rules. When someone is suspicious, there are thousands of reasons for people to think that. Honestly everyone who isn't a detective is already suspicious to me.

Requiring callouts for body identification is nice, but it will also give the traitor the first chance to shoot instead of you.

The main issue I see here is that while the unid rule is easy to die accidentally for. (Not the Discomb one, just stop throwing those.) Several other rules you don't include here are just as easy to die to like GBA, misclicking your primary at someone or a health station, and multiple more. A rule change like this should affect everything, and because we cant incorporate suspicion into the rules there is no place for a rule like this here in the community.

Also all traitorous acts are just as traitorous as the next.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I can't wait to ask traitors to ID bodies and then get shot by them instead when I could have killed them.

I honestly don't see how people get killed for unid bodies, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I've been killed for it...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

i would search before making suggestions, been suggested a billion times already, also, not gonna happen

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Asking people to ID bodies before being able to kill them is a toxic rule that should never exist. I've played on servers before where it was a rule and it's annoying to say the least. It also is very unfair to people who don't use a mic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Nah, -1 Too complicated for our already complicated rule set. Leave it how it is.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

For the first part: you can extend that courtesy if you wish, but I don't see mandating it having a positive impact on gameplay.
    In cases with unid'd bodies, the player who fails to ID should try to be more aware of their surroundings.
    Even if you're very aware, you might slip up, but not everyone kills you just because you ignore a body.

Personally I only kill if people seem like they don't care about the body at all, because that implies not caring about: DNA; how recent the kill is (is a traitor nearby?), what weapons to be wary of (snipers?), etc.
    Which is something a traitor wouldn't care much about because it doesn't help their cause at all; they're predators more so than prey.
    Bear in mind that just because technically you're allowed to kill someone doesn't mean you have to kill them.
    In any case, amending this rule as suggested seems like it'd hinder natural game flow.

For the second part: If the discomb push doesn't cause them harm, but they jump off to kill themselves, then it's not RDM 'cause you didn't cause their death.
    If you don't want to be killed for accidental discombs, don't pick up grenades/drop them (Q) if you notice you picked one up.
    Also don't throw the ones you do pick up.
    That way you'll be 99.99% risk free on the grenade part.

Far as I'm concerned, these proposed changes seem to suggest a more 'gentle' approach to traitorous acts.
    But given my interpretation of the game and its setup, it would have no benefit except mollycoddling weaker players, who won't get their mistakes punished.
    If you're getting killed for an unid'd body every other round, you should try looking around yourself more.
    If you're getting killed for discombs, you should probably stop throwing discombs around randomly.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. Why do staff members have a habit of typing out walls of text and expecting them to be read? Please be more concise or at least put some vibrance into your text to make it easy to filter through.

Unid bodies: The rules have already been clarified to fix this, they can't shoot you if it's blocked by something like a wall, or reaching it puts you in immediate danger.

On discombobs, you should only be killed if it's on a high ledge, in an open space, or an area where you being involuntarily moved would place you into danger. But of course, there needs to be a reasonable distance about it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Here's the TL;DR:
    1) Be nice if you want to, but the rule change would make the gameplay less dynamic.

2) Don't (pick up and) throw grenades, if you don't want to be killed for it.

Finally: I disagree with the changes, because they'd make the game less fun.

The wall of texting is a personal thing, I try to be short and to the point when I can.
    But I always end up elaborating a lot so as to explain not just what I think, but also why.

If I ever drone on just ping me like you did and I'll give the summary :LOL:

EDIT: Colour-coded

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.