Allow self pming

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Xproplayer, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Self PMing allows players to use keybinds and be able to tell when they are triggered, since there is no echo to chat function within gmod

Simply change the ulx psay function within ulx/lua/ulx/modules/sh/chat.lua

from
    psay:addParam{ type=ULib.cmds.PlayerArg, target="!^", ULib.cmds.ignoreCanTarget }
    to
    psay:addParam{ type=ULib.cmds.PlayerArg, target="*", ULib.cmds.ignoreCanTarget }

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

MACROS
    +432

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

More like keybinds bruh. I got keybinds for everything, my keyboard practically has no spare keys :C

• Like Like x 2
  4. wagwan

wagwan VIP

5. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

+1
    Do you have a keybind to pick up a banana and eat it?

6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Then couldn't I just make a macro to PM myself and crash the server because I can't be punished at that moment for spam.
    if so -1

????
    uh...

+1, but tbh Xpro you should just play the game legit.

7. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Could you enlighten me on the uses of these and the benefits it might brings?

8. MythMe

MythMe VIP

You could pm yourself like a "what to do" list.

I would've inserted an example here but since it turned out non dank meme and stupid i didn't do it

You could also remind yourself of something you have to do.

And if you are lonely you could talk to yourself.

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I have many keybinds that I use that I'd like to know when they are triggered. The main one being a hotkey to toggle a mute on players muted when I'm dead, it's hard to tell when its active or not. Also you can use it to tell when certain keybinds are pressed, like if you have a keybind to buy a traitor weapon, you can keybind that so you know which key you pressed, etc.

• Like Like x 2