Allow Reports During Fun Rounds

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by degolfer222, Jan 14, 2018.

1. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

As the title says, reports should be on during fun rounds. Since:

• Team killing your teammates during fun rounds (in any form, including indirect damage like prop pushing) is not allowed and will be considered RDM.

Is in the extended rules, it doesnt make much sense if you cant report people during the round. Plus Ive had a couple scenarios where I want to make a report, but I waited a couple seconds too long and the fun round started, so I needed to wait til the next round started before I could make it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

There is no team killing in fun rounds. You have to go out of your way to either be killed or to kill, so there are almost never cases of rdm on fun rounds. Even if there is, just wait the round out, no point in changing everything for 1 maybe 2 reports.

If you want to do a regular report, again just wait the round out. The way the report system is designed, is to not have an abundance of useless reports on a fun round, especially since we get a lot of new player each day who may not know how the servers report system works.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

You still can be teamkilled.
    Fall damage via from being pushed off is one way.
    Getting pushed to a trap so you would get damaged from it is another way.
    Just because it rarely occurs does not mean that it is still occurring.

Even so, I have seen couple people wanting to report another person for events that occur prior to the fun round, but couldn't because of the fun round.

I don't really see the harm of letting people report during the fun round.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1

You can still be RDMed during a fun round
    Sure, maybe there will be a few players who think being killed by a Reaper is RDM, but reports like that take a second to mark invalid

Also, if you are RDMed the round before a fun round, you can't report until after the new round has started, which leads to people forgetting to report for the RDM

5. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

+1 ever since I realized that you couldn't do this back in 2016 I have been waiting for it to be changed

6. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

I'm going to bump this suggestion because of a situation I've run into a few times lately. Sometimes a player might report someone then find out they reported the wrong person, like if the reported player followed a false KOS and they need to rereport the person who called it. Other times it might be a report for damage that didn't kill them and they don't get the report in before the next round starts. What sometimes happens is that a fun round stops a player from making a report for a full round, which can lead to the map changing or the person that would have been reported leaving without realizing it. I've seen this happen multiple times, and I don't think it's unreasonable to allow reports during fun rounds to fix this issue. Allowing reports for the rare instances of fun round RDM is a nice bonus, and I don't see a downside to allowing them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. firemac

firemac Mac N Cheese VIP Silver

+1 This should've be implemented ages ago.

8. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

9. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

I'm just gonna -1 this opinion. First of all, practically the only way to get slain on a funround is from a goomba stomp on bomb rush. These only happen in like 2 maps, dolls and skycraft (maybe some of the new maps but those are fuckin dumb). Secondly, these reports have no deathscence and can't be proven without a deathscence. And finally, the logs don't properly work on funrounds. I'm sure highwon could implement some shit but it would honestly be a waste of time.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  10. Elvis

Fun round rdm happens more than you mention here. You forgot that you can use your crowbar in many of the fun rounds allowing you to push players to their death.

it’ll be a relatively simple fix so +1

• Like Like x 1
  11. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Which fun rounds do you have access to the crowbar with other than one in the chamber? I can literally think of none

12. Elvis

1 in the chamber, TDM, the hidden, and reapers.

13. Wolfy53

Wolfy53 VIP

I feel like it would be good to be able to enforce this on fun rounds but it is so rare that something like this happens it would hardly be used. I could see it being good on rounds like the hidden and reapers to stop people from blocking doorways in order to get you killed, since you can't kill them to get them out of the way. I somewhat agree with Good Vibes except having a rule like this wouldn't really hinder anything other than people trying to ruin the fun for everyone else anyway.
    So it's a +1 from me.

I agree with Rhaz 100%

14. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

1 in the chamber isn't a team match and I'm 90% sure doesn't allow pushing, you either have to be really fucking stupid or camping to get crowbarred off somewhere, the hidden and reapers crowbar kills can practically only happen on dolls or b5 nether (excluding modded).

And besides, after the round is over you can type !report and still get in a quick report. Doesn't seem necessary to make it available all round. And besides, most new players don't know what fun rounds are, and type !report still.

15. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

I would say no because many new players may try to report creating pointless reports, for a situation that does not occur very often. If it really needs to be dealt with you can just DM a mod or report once the fun round is over.

16. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

I think a good solution would be disabling the report popup after dying, but making people still able to !report. That would probably be enough to keep the false report count to the minimum..?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

I would MUCH rather sift through 5+ useless reports from clueless players (of which I expect realistically no more than 1-3 a funround) than have to comb back through logs and find the information when the report comes in a round or two later.

If reports were implemented, I could see all the info and evidence right there in front of my lazy face.

+1

On a side note,

Hard disagree

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

+1, should've been added already :eyes: xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Elvis

Bro you don’t get to quote me from 3 years ago that shits wack

• Agree Agree x 3