Accepted Allow red in shoutbox

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Xproplayer, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Xpro have you been drinking recently? lol

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You're still new around here, my public opinion is like a rollercoaster, up and down all the time. yolo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Dumb Dumb x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

Your "opinion" changes as long as it benefits you in any way possible,

@Opalium both are ugly, red text catches the eye more, the red background is straight up ugly and harder to read, only reason it would catch someones eye is because its a giant block of red.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

According to Xpro's rating so far in this thread. If you disagree with his opinion, you're dumb.

[​IMG]
    may i also ask why you want to use the color red?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

i want to use all colors. red is my favorite though. also maroon is sexy

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Tophats

Tophats VIP

when's this thread getting locked? it's getting annoying at this point

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

lol ur like a pregnant man

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

I think that's pretty good actually.

I could care less if red was to be allowed and that was the important announcement text.
    Yeah It's ugly and all, but so are a lot of other colors.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Yes, a million times yessssssssss.

The icon looks great and is a good way to separate important things/announcements from normal messages. Idk how I feel about the red background but that icon I believe is a step in the right direction!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. There is no reason to allow red.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. I've been here for a solid year and a bit, my dude.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I mean I see most people saying "There's no reason to allow red."

Well the reason we have is so people can use it freely.

If you want to say that's not a reason, sure, but then apply that logic to the other colors.

The real truth is "There's a reason to restrict it to staff only"

In reality I think we should move on from singular warnings in shoutbox that might not get seen if the SB is moving fast. Instead there should be something similar to what Opalium made, but it pops up a small warning on your screen. Kind of like warning in-game when you get a slay added. This way the warning can get seen, and you can make custom inputs, or select one of the few forum rules.

That's my few cents. Otherwise red is super ugly and it actually the bright red color like the one in @incognito moe 's signature actually does strain my eyes a bit.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

And if sgm moves to discord or opals announcement thing is added wouldnt you support no ban on red?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I don’t see a reason to change anything. It’s been the same forever. No need to change it now

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Salem

Salem VIP

I've been trying to ignore this thread for the most part but there's no harm in throwing my opinion in I guess.
    I do like the icon idea, I agree with @Yatty and believe that it's a step in the right direction. However, I do not like the red background. I would actually prefer the read text paired with the icon.

XVSWgnB.png
    I don't like the idea of everyone being allowed to use red, and when I mean red I mean the bright bold red that is currently used for announcements. I can agree that the "brown" that looks like red and darker shades of red that look more maroon than anything else are not that eye straining and I wouldn't and don't mind seeing that.

But like @Super Terrorick said, the bright red attracts your attention and typically gives the general idea that it's something important and something you need to look at. Having anybody use it would 1) make announcements blend in (with or without the icon, the possibility of losing the announcement because the text blends in is still there IMO.) For me personally, it takes my eyes a while to adjust to the bright red color- it's not pleasant to look at but when I see it I know it's something important and I can read it. But if people were allowed to just use it constantly and it became something like this:

redtext.PNG
    Let's try to see past the fact I screwed up on one line of Miggo's text. :whistle:
    It's not insanely hard to read but it's not the easiest to read either. As compared to Rozboon's "brown" text that really isn't hard to read at all.

Anyways, hopefully, my point is made. Once there are several people in shoutbox using red it just looks bad and kind of hurts my eyes with it all put together like that.

I don't think that all of the color "red" should be restricted. But I don't think the bright red needs to be something people can use nor do I see the appeal of letting it be used. I find it to be ugly and slightly hard to read when several people are using it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

We all know it’s not going to happen.

EDIT: Also, you guys are getting fed up over a COLOR. It’s not an issue.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Xpro is retarded in his approach to pretty much everything, but this is pretty shitty reason to keep it the same. Since Opal has already mentioned his work on making announcements/warnings from stuff much much more clearer and highlighted than red , there isn't really a need to keep this rule. But regardless if the leads can get their minds together to get rid of obsolete rules or not, we should implement Opal's method of using clearer warnings and maybe change the language so that red is part of the banned colors because of its visibility. There are so many god damn trolls that use colors so similar to red that red barely gets noticed out of the context, so we should change the rule even if it does not lead to red being un-banned from using in shoutbox.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

The problem with an announcement only staff can use is just that. Only staff would have access to it. Mods dont pay attention as it is when ppl are asking for help in sb. So lets remove any way that could make there asking for help more noticable or no chance at all to make it more visible.

• Like Like x 2
  19. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Isn't there a way to disable the color.

Edit: for non staff.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Somebody close this thread already.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1