Allow deaths to pick up weapons

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by ryan4win, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Think of it like playing a game, such as Super Mario Bros. You go through 3-4 levels, and have to fight Bowser at the end. Now, because you've foiled his plans and gone through all the stages to fight him at the end, you're left to fight him, King of the Koopas or whatever. Think of his stages like traps, means of getting straight to him to get closer to finishing the game & rescuing Princess Peach. You prove that you're worthy of challenging Bowser himself, and you either fail miserably at truthfully defeating him and his minions, or you obliterate him and feel fan-fucking-tastic for doing so. Now, being able to pick up weapons by default is a privilege in CSS for deathrun, for a fair majority of maps anyhow. As well as other servers for deathrun on gmod as well. If anything, this may turn players away from wanting to play here due to them seeing this as an unfair thing to do. Why even offer the ability to earn weapons on a lot of the maps we feature here at SGM (deathrun wise) if only one team has the ability to use them? Just my thoughts on the matter. If I've explained it poorly, I apologize.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Why has this not been added? It's simple and NEEDED.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Carned

We're still waiting.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Void

Void VIP Bronze

Any time later.

( If this does not happen hundreds of deaths in Serious Deathrun are dying daily )

#LetTheDeathGrabGunsCampaign

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. sam.

sam. VIP

Not many servers on Deathrun that I have played in the past have this. ( I haven't played many Deathrun servers )
    This is a great idea, and it'd be sad not to see this in the SGM Deathrun.

Reason(s) :
    1. It makes it extremely unfair for the deaths when the runners get to the end. Why? This is making it unfair because of the advantages that the runners get that the Deaths don't have access to. If we were to compare the crowbar to the gun, who would win? It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight, ridiculous.
    2. This could make a negative first impression to people who first join the server. People who are looking for a server that has this kind of idea.

I would have to go with TZ and Tinbuster here. If deaths were to be allowed to pickup weapons they should at least have to earn it.

[ Edit : How long has this been up? About 2 months. (._.) ]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

To be honest I'd just prefer Deaths to be able to pick up guns straight up.

The minigames where death would be able to pick guns up were designed so they could. The only thing it does is breaks some minigames /
    Also let us throw the explosive nades pls, they are only used in minigames so not letting us breaks the minigames

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Carned

Its almost February and we still don't have this?

It takes like 5 minutes to do.

Do you guys even give a shit about Deathrun anymore?

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. I'd prefer if deaths got a weaker weapon. I mean what's the point of winning and picking the bhop stage when the deaths a professional Bunny. Would make that minigame a lot less enjoyable for Newbies

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

The only mini games where death is able to get a weapon are the ones like that by design. I'm having trouble thinking of a single map that doesn't have an ending where death wouldn't be given a weapon anyways. There's always going to be an ending where it's super easy for the runners and occasionally impossible for the death. I don't really see a reason to give the runner the advantage in basically every minigame when they already can choose an ending that does that for them.

Anyways, I'll all for gun rights for deaths
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

I'm kinda with tinbuster on this one, (my opinion) I think that it would be the runners fault anyways for picking bunny hop when there is a really good bhopper as death.Also some of the times I often see the bunny hopper just use their crowbar to actually give themselves a challenge because they know the death is not so good at bhoping.
    That's just my opinion and it may not be the same for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Icey™

Icey™ Bronze

Very good idea, I would recommend this. thanks for the idea, I was thinking the same thing =)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Carned

Yanoe, its kinda taking the piss that you take the time to add a report section and move threads but won't add this which would take less time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

Baby steps. Allowing users to report abuse from staff and players was very high on our prority list. We are trying our best to read all feedback.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. [​IMG]

Enjoy

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

[​IMG]